The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Dang I was afraid of that...next day is always the worst pain level. If I were closer I would come go with you tomorrow.

I wish you were, too. I often wish that, though.
hugs.gif
He hobbled out to massage Rita's crop, even feeling as bad as he does. She adores him and vice versa. You know our Rita. Have to fix that sweet redheaded woman.

(6 year old Rita is in full-on molt, plus her crop has become very sluggish and she's lost a good bit of weight, since I haven't mentioned it, I don't think).

Last edited:
Was Atlas ever raised with another rooster? Or was he ever below a rooster in the pecking order?
He was always pretty much by himself, as far as I recall, since he was raised by Wynette along with his four sisters so he only really encountered other males on range. He has never really been in a flock as an adult with another adult rooster, either younger or older. I don't recall him being with Rex and those girls. Gosh, it seems ages ago that he was a youngster.

Even though painful it is good for Tom to be up and around a little, keeps down the risk of blood clots. Poor Tom.

Agreed. He'll still have to suffer through the first two days or so before he feels any better, barring complications. He goes back on Thursday (though, thankfully, to the office in town here).

Today's Hector fix. Little tyrant is already grabbing the girls by the head feathers for nefarious purposes. Precocious little fiend.

And Apollo stalking Lizzie, though he's still scared to death of her. He's beginning to fill out quite a bit at 22 weeks old, while Hector is putting on height at his age of 13 weeks.

Apollo grabbed Zara, who was struggling and screaming, and Athena swooped in for the rescue. Poor boy can't really catch a break. His daddy chased him away from Athena this morning because, apparently, Atlas thinks she's his. Athena has shown a preference for the big man over little brother.

And Hector! He keeps trying to steal Apollo's girls (and he may succeed one day since Apollo is leery of Hector)

Jill and Mary (I don't know where Thea was)

This is Jill in the photo below, harassing the Brahmas.

Back
Top Bottom