The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Lol at Wendy going after the cat. My cats avoid the hens when I let them out, one is terrified of them and tries to keep a low profile but has gotten ran off a couple times.

Jane was actually doing a bit better this evening after spending most of the day resting under a heat lamp. Stood up and picked at her food a bit. I’ve been using a syringe to get water with electrolytes in her. Still not out of the woods though and if she pulls through somehow, I really think it’s just putting off the inevitable, I’m pretty sure she has some reproductive problem that she won’t recover from. She’s not even a year old yet. :(

Usually, they rally a bit before the end, sometimes, it's up and down. She reminds me of Hector's Mary, one of those very rare ones you lose at a young age. Mary was one of only two or three breeder quality birds I've lost to reproductive issues; usually, they're hatchery gals. AndI think that Mary was the only one I lost under a year old who had started laying and seemed perfectly healthy until suddenly, she wasn't. I'm sorry about Jane.

WHY, why, WHY?

Screenshot-2018-3-18 Intellicast - Mineral Bluff Weather Report in Georgia (30559).png

I will assume that's cold for you? I'm waiting on that weather. :)

No, it's not cold for us at all, in fact, it's the norm, highs in the 40's for March, some 50's. It's just the ups and downs that you can't ride out very well. It's been like spring, then winter, then fall, then winter, then spring and back to winter for the last two months.

No, it's not cold for us at all, in fact, it's the norm, highs in the 40's for March, some 50's. It's just the ups and downs that you can't ride out very well. It's been like spring, then winter, then fall, then winter, then spring and back to winter for the last two months.
I have been happy for once all that snow has been missing us and going out east. We are usually the ones getting dumped with snow this time of year, so it's nice here, almost all the snow is gone, and my chickens have been out foraging again.

Those up and down temperatures are annoying. I end up colder because I get used to the warm, and than the drops feel worse.

speckledhen, it's been doing that here a lot too. It will be in the low 80's for 3-4 days, then rain, and drop down to the mid 50's for 3-4 days, then jump back up into the low 80's again. It's not the highs, or lows, but the roller coaster weather every few days.

Back
Top Bottom