The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Sorry about the 2 week wait, but considering they have to run the lines, that's not too bad. I think once you have it in, and get used to the tv lineup being a little different, you'll like it. As to the internet, you're going to love that part right from the start.

The wait is not a big deal. We've been here almost 16 years and the first few years, had only dial-up, then the super slow DSL with a company that doesn't give a flying fig about their customers. So, two more weeks for lightning fast internet? I can deal! I'm sick of 2-3MB speeds, which makes it almost impossible to do anything at all, especially uploading or downloading. I can't wait to tell TDS where to stick it, LOL.

Well, this quilt is not a twin, it's more a full-to-queen, as you can see by the overhang on my queen size bed. I have done a lot, but I have a lot to go, too, on the quilting part. Kara, this may be almost bedspread size on a twin! But, I think it will turn out very pretty.
DSC01348.JPG
DSC01349.JPG

My Angelica tulips are about to bloom. I hope the deer will let them. They ate all my azaleas and most of the rhododendron around the house down to stubs.

The quilt is half done, at least the main center part is, then I'll decide about the bottom and top row of star blocks. That shouldn't take long once I get to those.

Cynthia, I've been wearing purple every evening the past several weeks. Once again, thank you!

Sometimes people on here amaze me. Someone posts, is given great similar advice from several good sources, and they do nothing. 2 weeks later, they're complaining the condition is worse. Yes, they have all the stuff, and are able to do as advised, but haven't done anything yet. What were they expecting?

Cynthia, I've been wearing purple every evening the past several weeks. Once again, thank you!

Sometimes people on here amaze me. Someone posts, is given great similar advice from several good sources, and they do nothing. 2 weeks later, they're complaining the condition is worse. Yes, they have all the stuff, and are able to do as advised, but haven't done anything yet. What were they expecting?

You're very welcome. I love shawls/wraps myself. I have one I made when we were stuck in that RV in the driveway made with super thick twisty yarn that Terrie sent me (Duck Lady) to pass the time after the fire. It's worn down badly now, I've used it so much on cold mornings.

I agree. They want a magic wand, I guess, Cheryl. I've had folks PM me, ask for advice, I give it, they come back and ask for more, I tell them there is nothing more, what I told them was definitive and they won't accept it. They want to get all sorts of "voodoo" medicine or chant over the birds or something, I have no idea. The end is the same, of course.

I used that commercial deer spray last year at my Mom's house, and it worked great on her extensive gardens, even though I could only spray once monthly.

I haven't tried that. I used to hang garlic and Irish Spring soap knotted in knee high hose on plants and at one point, used deer netting, but over time, that blew away or whatever. I've almost given up and let them have what they want. They don't like to share, do they?

Back
Top Bottom