The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

barnie.gif
Me too!!!!!!! I have to have two root canals redone and there is a cavity under one of the crowns too. If I chew I have to have the teeth left. Why do they have to hurt so bad and require so much money. Yes they act like we are all rich. I do not have dental insurance at all. The root canals were done by a different dentist that should not have even been doing them. I wonder if we could sue for poor work? I wouldn't but I am tempted. I have never sued anyone for anything but it sure comes to mind now. One root canal was overfilled and one the root was not even taken completely out and it was underfilled.
th.gif
Its been sore for all time. He kept saying they usually are tender for a long time. You can't believe anything any more when it comes to Dentist. I unfortunately have an appt. this month with a special dr. who deals with root connels all the time. Maybe he can help.

In my experience, my root canal was a little uncomfortable until it healed, and then there was no pain. I've been told by several people, that even with a good root canal, and crown put in by a good dentist, you can expect trouble with it shortly after the 5 year mark. I'm not saying there are not exceptions to that, but that seems to be the general consensus among family, and friends that have had it done. Twice through the years, I've gotten a cavity under a filling. I suspect the material used for the fillings tends to prevent them from seeing a small cavity on x-ray, otherwise they would have picked up on the cavities under my fillings much sooner.

Daughter 1 almost never brushed her teeth. Daughter 2 brushed her teeth faithfully. Daughter 1 would get some Barkeeper's Friend, (I was not aware of this at the time) and scour her teeth a little before going to the dentist, and he would comment on how clean her teeth were, and she never had any cavities. Daughter 2 would get cavities, and the dentist would scold her, and tell her she should brush her teeth, like her older sister, and she wouldn't get cavities. It would infuriate daughter 2. This continued for years, until they were both in their early 20's. Daughter 1 started having problems with her mouth. When she whined about it, Daughter 2 laughed, and said "All these years, I've brushed faithfully, had my teeth cleaned twice a year, and had to endure the dentist scolding me for not brushing and keeping my teeth clean like you, while you never brushed, so I don't want to hear it, and I hope all your stupid teeth fall out!" Daughter 2 has not had any dental problems since childhood.

I had a root canal done when I was 13 on one of my front teeth. I caught a softball with my mouth (oops) and it severed the vein thus killing the tooth. At nearly 20 years later, I have had no problems with it at all. I remember discomfort when I had it done, but no real pain and certainly no lasting pain after. The dentist mentioned putting a crown on it further down the line, but we decided to wait. It does have some bonding on the front of it to make it match the color of the rest of my teeth.

I hope your new dentist can help you out, crazyhen.

I have one crown that is 36 years old, same age as my younger son. Never any trouble with that one. Good dentist. He got quite a bit of work off us since Chris was the one who destroyed many of my teeth. Pint sized calcium thief.

Pretty fabric! Cyn have you ever been on steroids such as Prednisone for an extending period of time? My younger sister was a severe asthmatic when she was a girl and now at 47 her teeth are crumbling. It is very sad because bone issues are probably around the corner for her too. Her dentist confirmed that her tooth problems are more than likely the result of a childhood spent taking Prednisone.

Hope you are enjoying your son's visit.
smile.png

Pretty fabric! Cyn have you ever been on steroids such as Prednisone for an extending period of time? My younger sister was a severe asthmatic when she was a girl and now at 47 her teeth are crumbling. It is very sad because bone issues are probably around the corner for her too. Her dentist confirmed that her tooth problems are more than likely the result of a childhood spent taking Prednisone.

Hope you are enjoying your son's visit.
smile.png

Nope, not that I recall. I don't recall ever having Prednisone. I do have osteopenia from years of taking synthetic thyroid, but the tooth issues began long before my thyroid tanked (though the thyroid was borderline for many years B4 I hit the magic number and got meds).

NOT happy here. Tuesday is when my son was going to be driven 3 hours south to visit his 94 year old grandfather. Not looking good for driving conditions. He has to go back on the 19th, also not good to drive the 2 hours north toward Knoxville, TN to the airport.
sad.png

Wind Chill Advisory

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom