The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

My least favorite thing about this line is you can't sex them easily at hatch like the more common ones I was used to, but it's a small price to pay, to have to wait a couple or three weeks to see to have these awesome birds.

Atlas's biggest son is such a lovebug. You scoop him up and hug him close to your face and he just settles in. If the group is nervous and runs back inside, he stands guard in the doorway. If one of his siblings is slow to get back inside, he gives a resounding head thunk when the latecomer arrives. He's just a natural leader even at 8 weeks old.

Girl, you need to keep him.
smile.png

Are you feeling better? How is your hubby's leg?

I love chicks of any kind! They are so adorable. Cyn, you wouldn't believe what a rascal Ty has turned into lately. He must have a bad case of spring fever. He is being downright mean to his girls, and poor Cheyenne is seeing the worst of it. He picks the worst fights with them, then tries to make up with a little mating dance. That booger better get over it soon or he will find himself in a bachelor pad for a few days!!!

:cd

Quote: Yes, thank you! I feel much better. Hubby's leg hurts but it seems to be healing properly as far as I can tell.

I love chicks of any kind! They are so adorable. Cyn, you wouldn't believe what a rascal Ty has turned into lately. He must have a bad case of spring fever. He is being downright mean to his girls, and poor Cheyenne is seeing the worst of it. He picks the worst fights with them, then tries to make up with a little mating dance. That booger better get over it soon or he will find himself in a bachelor pad for a few days!!!

D.gif
Spring fever is what that boy's got, I bet. They go through that stuff. You should see Isaac be mean to the blue Rocks. He doesn't like barreds or blues, only his own Delaware kind or the bearded ladies.

speckledhen, what do you do with extra roosters?
I find homes for them. Sometimes, they live here much longer than I'd like or go places I'm not completely sure of but I don't process them, not unless they turn mean, which has rarely ever happened.

Aaaagh! I looked!
I knew you would.
wink.png

I sort of like the feather legged pullets out of Aimee. She has teensy feather stubs on her legs and about 20% of her chicks have them as well, but some get full-on feathered legs. One of these has furry legs. You get the softer feathers than the D'Uccles have but the rose combs of the D'Anvers. And I love the Coch'Anvers that I created from the D'Anver over Cochin. If I didn't have my two D'Anver roosters, I'd put sweet little Xander in with the D'Anver hens and create more of those.

Last edited:
Completely unrelated pic, my older son with Nina Dobrev on the Vampire Diaries set (he and his wife are ardent fans and are frequently on set) He's wearing his new design for a new apparel line, Angelic Assault. He's quite an artist. I wish he could get out of restaurant management and really do what he loves for a living. Bands have used his designs in the past.

Back
Top Bottom