The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Oh, I almost forgot! You'd have been so proud of Atlas today, just like I was. He was let out to free range and was heading with his hens toward the garden spot where the old compost pile is being raked down and tilled under, trailing the group, when Finn came walking along headed the same direction. Atlas swung around to face him and took a couple of steps toward the cat, who completely ignored him...at first. Then when Finn kept coming, I saw Atlas lower his head, flare his hackles and take a headlong run at Finn, who beat feet to the opposite side of the dirt mound. I was so pleased with that. He is gaining confidence and I have no doubt what he'd do in the face of a real predator. What a guy! And sweet to boot. In a couple of weeks, he'll be a year old and that will mean a good picture session is in order.

Last edited:
Yes, they are cute little hoodlums! Sorry to hear about your son's dog. It is so hard to make that decision to let them go....but is the most loving thing we can do when it's time.

Oh, I almost forgot! You'd have been so proud of Atlas today, just like I was. He was let out to free range and was heading with his hens toward the garden spot where the old compost pile is being raked down and tilled under, trailing the group, when Finn came walking along headed the same direction. Atlas swung around to face him and took a couple of steps toward the cat, who completely ignored him...at first. Then when Finn kept coming, I saw Atlas lower his head, flare his hackles and take a headlong run at Finn, who beat feet to the opposite side of the dirt mound. I was so pleased with that. He is gaining confidence and I have no doubt what he'd do in the face of a real predator. What a guy! And sweet to boot. In a couple of weeks, he'll be a year old and that will mean a good picture session is in order.
Getting to be quite the brave man, along with his good looks.

Yes, they are cute little hoodlums! Sorry to hear about your son's dog. It is so hard to make that decision to let them go....but is the most loving thing we can do when it's time.
Absolutely, and thank you. Anyone who's had to deal with this knows his pain.

Quote: He sure is. Love that boy. I keep calling him Rex, though. Yesterday, as he was coming out of the pop door first thing in the morning, I said, "Hey, Rexie-poo!". Bad me. I do that sometimes, but so many things he does remind me of his dad. He was named after a heroic son of Suede and he's living up to that name, as we hoped he would.

Last edited:

Wow! Good for Atlas! Especially considering that Finn is no light weight cat.

Sorry about ur sons dog!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom