The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

@1muttsfan, that is the one thing (not counting my family… and the Packers… and Cheese…) that I miss about WI. The lakes. I lived within a 5 minute drive of Lake Winnebago and less than an hour drive to Lake Michigan. All of the other smaller natural lakes, too. Everything down here is man-made, and they are few and far between.

Cyn, Such a curious thing about Hector, though. Does he have any pin feathers even showing up on that bottom of his? Or, besides the butt fluff and saddle feathers, is his little tail truly bald?

@1muttsfan, that is the one thing (not counting my family… and the Packers… and Cheese…) that I miss about WI. The lakes. I lived within a 5 minute drive of Lake Winnebago and less than an hour drive to Lake Michigan. All of the other smaller natural lakes, too. Everything down here is man-made, and they are few and far between.

Cyn, Such a curious thing about Hector, though. Does he have any pin feathers even showing up on that bottom of his? Or, besides the butt fluff and saddle feathers, is his little tail truly bald?

Isn't Wisconsin a beautiful state!? There's a special spot in my heart for Minnesota and Wisconsin. I would never want to leave this place! They are my two favorite states lol!

Cyn I love those Brahmas! Such beautiful birds! I wish I was close enough to get some eggs from you! I also love your BRs! One day I wanna get some nice BRs like yours!

Isn't Wisconsin a beautiful state!? There's a special spot in my heart for Minnesota and Wisconsin. I would never want to leave this place! They are my two favorite states lol!

Cyn I love those Brahmas! Such beautiful birds! I wish I was close enough to get some eggs from you! I also love your BRs! One day I wanna get some nice BRs like yours!
Brahmas would do very well in MN with their "leg warmers" and pea combs. Maybe you'll have some one day. We'll have to see about how to get you some, Isaiah.

@1muttsfan, that is the one thing (not counting my family… and the Packers… and Cheese…) that I miss about WI. The lakes. I lived within a 5 minute drive of Lake Winnebago and less than an hour drive to Lake Michigan. All of the other smaller natural lakes, too. Everything down here is man-made, and they are few and far between.

I haven't upended him to check, LOL! DH would have to hold him so I could "part the waters" and see!

DH rented one of the flea market tables (a small Wednesday only flea market about 3 miles from here) to get rid of some of the stuff from my father's estate and some from our Clean Sweep project. He made well over $200, but he bought this, thinking it might be pretty over our mantle, which has been blank since the fire almost 4 years ago. Used to have one of those smoked mirrors fastened with clips across the entire length, but I really didn't want to put that back up again. Anyway, this is the signed and numbered Michael Sieve print he bought for $25, one of only 850 made. It's actually a big large for our fireplace mantle, the entire frame about 45" wide by 36" high.

So, he exchanged places with the Terry Redlin print I bought him for a birthday years and years ago and it seems to go here much better. Even coordinates with the lamp that Ladyhawk got me for a housewarming gift after the renovation.

As you can see from this listing, he got a pretty good deal on it. http://www.artbarbarians.com/gallery2/main.asp?artist=27&pic=6754

This is a good shot from the website of the print, though the blues in the actual print are not as intensely blue. The mountains in back look pretty much like a long distance view of my own view of Watson Mtn with pyramid-shaped Piney Mtn on the left of it.

see my mountains? I am closer than the deer in the photo are, of course. This artist is from Minnesota, Isaiah!

Last edited:
Really lovely. Fun to sneak a peek at your treasures too
1f609.png

I like the painting where it's at now. Pulls the entire room together. It's beautiful!

When Hector dipped his wing at you, I hope you chased him, or at least smacked his bottom with your rooster stick to get him moving away from you, and to make him realize you are not one of his flock, but Alpha, and he's part of your flock. He is beautiful, and I hope he gets his tail feathers soon.

Please forgive my ignorance, I don't know Hector's lineage, but could it be there is one of the tailless breeds somewhere back in his line? I know you've had some bearded ladies in your crew, any chance of araurcana (sp?) in his background? Still, he knows he's da man, with or without tail feathers! Could someone be plucking them out?

Back
Top Bottom