The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

They are all cute, that's what they are. Love those curls.
1f600.png
He got his paternal grandmother's hair, that's for sure. She had positively kinky curls.

MERRY CHRISTMAS CYN!!! I hope you had a great day!

Merry Christmas, my chicken friends
smile.png
Thanks to both of you. Hope you both and your families have a safe, healthy and peaceful 2017! You've been bright spots in my 2016, that's for sure, all my friends on the Atlas thread.

I occasionally come out from under my rock to say something. I don't celebrate Christmas really, more the solstice, but I hope you had a good day no matter the date on the calendar. I have enjoyed your posts and your pretty birds and hope the new year is a great one.

I'm just happy it's OVER for another year. In fact, I hold my breath from Oct to Jan 2 every year. We don't do the holidays, period. TV is still in the pits with Happy New Year, Charlie Brown and Rudolph's Shiny New Year tonight. Lord, help me! I loathe sappy crap! And the worst movie is that stupid Christmas Story with Ralphie (or maybe It's a Wonderful Life, which I also hate). I wish Ralphie HAD shot his eye out. Seriously. I saw that once and that was enough. So, yeah, no more holiday "cheer", back to real life, yea!

So, I'm uploading another video, which has chickens but is not technically a chicken video. You'll see when I post the link unless you're subscribed to the channel and get a notice. Takes hours to upload a 10 minute video. I saw that ETC is running fiber optic cable down the road our little enclave is off of, though they said they had no plans to come down to this end of the road, so maybe one day, we'll have better internet. Apollo at the end of the talk just stood in front of me and posed for a long time, turning this way and that way, like he was trying to understand what I was talking about. My boy is so handsome.
love.gif
Still no egg from Zara! ACK! She will turn 40 weeks on Wednesday--she is going to beat June's record, I bet.

Last edited:
Solstice is something to celebrate! My old gals starting laying the day after. Pretty good for some hatchery black sex linked and hatchery barred rock.
Yhank you for your thread. I know know what good barring lookss like. It is beautiful. What every breed I chose I know I want something with that beautiful barring.

Thank you for your advice on the nail cutting. It my old gals that have the long nails.

Solstice is something to celebrate! My old gals starting laying the day after. Pretty good for some hatchery black sex linked and hatchery barred rock.
Yhank you for your thread. I know know what good barring lookss like. It is beautiful. What every breed I chose I know I want something with that beautiful barring.

Thank you for your advice on the nail cutting. It my old gals that have the long nails.

Longer days are definitely something to celebrate, that's for sure! I'm glad you've fallen in love with barred birds. I loved my original two BR hens, Lexie and Ivy. They were very different from each other, though both from the same hatchery. Ivy had EYP/internal laying and Lexie, who lived a bit longer, died of reproductive cancer. But, Dutch and Zane were both her sons. Zane will always be the chicken love of my life.

Lexie and Ivy-Lexie was cockerel-barred and quite small-bodied; Ivy was larger but very dark.
Lexie

Ivy

I'm just happy it's OVER for another year. In fact, I hold my breath from Oct to Jan 2 every year. We don't do the holidays, period. TV is still in the pits with Happy New Year, Charlie Brown and Rudolph's Shiny New Year tonight. Lord, help me!  I loathe sappy crap! And the worst movie is that stupid Christmas Story with Ralphie (or maybe It's a Wonderful Life, which I also hate). I wish Ralphie HAD shot his eye out. Seriously. I saw that once and that was enough. So, yeah, no more holiday "cheer", back to real life, yea!

So, I'm uploading another video, which has chickens but is not technically a chicken video. You'll see when I post the link unless you're subscribed to the channel and get a notice. Takes hours to upload a 10 minute video. I saw that ETC is running fiber optic cable down the road our little enclave is off of, though they said they had no plans to come down to this end of the road, so maybe one day, we'll have better internet. Apollo at the end of the talk just stood in front of me and posed for a long time, turning this way and that way, like he was trying to understand what I was talking about. My boy is so handsome. :love Still no egg from Zara! ACK! She will turn 40 weeks on Wednesday--she is going to beat June's record, I bet.

Agree 100% with The Christmas Sotry movie! I hate every bit of it and my mom loves it so it was on all day yesterday. Thankfully it'll be another year before I have to see it again.

Back
Top Bottom