The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Cyn, your son's channel is great! I subscribed! Being an artist myself, I have a great appreciation for his work! I look forward to following along. Good to see him taking care of himself and putting himself first!

Thanks for sharing!

I'm sure he'll appreciate that, Michelle, thank you.

I finally got my nightstand to match my 5 drawer chest I bought in September. Someone finally also bought my big solid oak dresser and nightstand and those are gone. Yesterday, Tom got a bug and started the backsplash, but we need more tiles. I had calculated using a 12" square tile, but these are not square and not 12", either. The store has more, just have to spend more $$$, but we're almost done. We have a problem because one of the cabinets that is at the end of the line next to the fridge is apparently not put in entirely level, neither the top one or the bottom one so even using level lines on the wall, the last tile slopes downward, at least visually. It may not be as noticeable when we put the next row above it, but they must join at a certain place so you can't jog one end upward or they won't mesh at one point. Nothing to be done except hope it doesn't look weird. The others look fine. Here is a sample of two parts that are finished (still need some under the window), plus the nightstand. We really love the chest of drawers, too, holds a lot!
DSC02695.JPG
DSC02696.JPG
DSC02697.JPG

I finally got my nightstand to match my 5 drawer chest I bought in September. Someone finally also bought my big solid oak dresser and nightstand and those are gone. Yesterday, Tom got a bug and started the backsplash, but we need more tiles. I had calculated using a 12" square tile, but these are not square and not 12", either. The store has more, just have to spend more $$$, but we're almost done. We have a problem because one of the cabinets that is at the end of the line next to the fridge is apparently not put in entirely level, neither the top one or the bottom one so even using level lines on the wall, the last tile slopes downward, at least visually. It may not be as noticeable when we put the next row above it, but they must join at a certain place so you can't jog one end upward or they won't mesh at one point. Nothing to be done except hope it doesn't look weird. The others look fine. Here is a sample of two parts that are finished (still need some under the window), plus the nightstand. We really love the chest of drawers, too, holds a lot! View attachment 1573780 View attachment 1573781 View attachment 1573782
I like the back splash and the might table. Glad someone finally bought your big dresser.

Back
Top Bottom