The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

More chick pics. They're growing like crazy. Poor things had to spend 3 days inside due to torrential rain, but the were released into the wild (pen) again today and had a blast.
Now that they are four weeks old, it's looking like the bantam Cochins are 4 male and 3 female. Two splash males, two splash females, two buff males and one buff female. Of course, all six EEs are pullets-I don't think there are any sexing mistakes in that bunch.
View attachment 2651908View attachment 2651909View attachment 2651910View attachment 2651911View attachment 2651912View attachment 2651913
They look great!

In the spirit of positivity today...
chicks.jpg

I got a new camera and I'm trying to learn it. This point-and-shoot operator is camera-dumb so there is a learning curve for sure. This is a Canon EOS M50 so a step up for me. And I also am learning a better editing program so I hope my videos will improve. This 64 yr old brain is lazy with stuff like this but I am determined to get both of these down pat, the camera and the editing program. I have a friend who is a photographer and I solicited her help in choosing a camera. I'm doing videos like this to learn both.

Took chick pics today. I have only one unnamed male. Was hesitant to name him because he makes four bantam Cochin cockerels in a mixed group of nine pullets, albeit six of those are large fowl EE girls. But, I guess I have to call him something. I like big names for little guys as witnessed by the Vikings in the group, LOL. Of course, Forrest is because he runs like young Forrest Gump with leg braces.
Four Splash chicks: Gunnar, Mr. No Name, Luna and Bee
Three Buff chicks: Magnus, Forrest and Cricket
Six EE girls: Ripley, Rayna, Layla, Juliette, Scarlett, Shelby (Shelby is heavy!)

DSC07348.JPG
DSC07350.JPG
DSC07351.JPG
DSC07352.JPG
DSC07353.JPG
DSC07354.JPG
DSC07355.JPG
DSC07356.JPG
DSC07358.JPG
DSC07360.JPG

They look very healthy, and cute too.
They're getting so fun and friendly. The little roosters run after me now. I have named the 2nd Splash boy "Bodi", another Scandanavian name that means leader or something like that. So, the buffs are Magnus and Forrest and the splash boys are Gunnar and Bodi.

Back
Top Bottom