The exciting adventures of the Chicken Shack

Polar

Chirping
May 2, 2022
Ohio
Well it’s not really a “Shack” my dad calls it the chicken palace, but he also say she doesn’t like the birds, so he’s been known to lie. Anyways, we started construction last winter and planned to have the inside done my the time our Large fowl Wyandotte chicks arrived.

We had converted it from a groundhog infested shack that my dad used to store his tractor in. But since he was getting a new barn, and we were getting chickens, it only made sense to go all out.

And we definitely did.
1662035897236.png

(Ignore the garbage, we had just moved a ton of meat chickens out)

There was just one problem with our grand logic. Cochins.

I had gone with my grandma to a poultry seminar thing for 4-H kids. Before we left my dad said, “Don’t bring home anything alive”. Well, the was a drawing for a pair of Bantam Cochins and a pair of Rode Island Reds. Well after one girl’s number was called, the it was a random number no one had, then it was mine.

Long story short, they came home with me.

They stayed in the pretty much finished inside for awhile.
7B5AC5D9-6442-4E9A-A6C6-9C0D54F620FD.jpeg

(Pictured is a couple of babies)

I learned a lot about chickens with them, how stupid they were, their love for powdered donuts, and just goes fast little guys can run.

After awhile we we’re introduced to chicken math and bought a TON of babies, around 6 large fowl Wyandottes, and 3 bantam Wyandottes.

1662037495066.png

I’ll introduce them all in the below , hope you all enjoyed my strange speech thingy!

Last edited:
So starting off with all our roosters, we have 3.

And before you come for my head, two of my boys are best buds, and do literally everything together.

Starting off, if my big boy Diego. He is our last remaining large fowl rooster form the original stock. He’s outlived the aggressive Rooster we had to sell. And my favorite rooster, Bilbo, who passed away not too long ago.

He’s an idiot but a good boy who loves food.
4E5F585A-C152-4E64-93A9-BBA2F1C56945.jpeg

(He’s top middle, the big one that looks like a Rooster)

Put other two are Boba Peck and Naughty boy, Boba is out Cochin Rooster and Naughty is our Wyandotte, their best buds and only really have the occasional scuffles when Boba’s being not a good Rooster to the hens cause he’s young and has all the hormones.
63292FCC-B3F9-4DC2-8824-434DACD694CD.jpeg

(Naughty is on the left, Boba is on the right)

Last edited:
Then we have Britney and Samantha, our Bantam Wyandotte hens, and Kylo

You can tell them apart cause Samantha has a band on her foot, and a big butt.

0FEBB3B5-5BE9-4484-8235-B1CD344323A2.jpeg

(Big butted Samantha)

B2E48598-82E0-4A8E-B3AE-CBB7CB3637E5.jpeg

(Bug eyed Britney, who is looking for food)

Kylo Hen is our Cochin hen, and is currently taking a vacation from our nesting boxes and laying her eggs in the corner,
0325D674-47C4-4601-899F-62E56D488246.jpeg

(Kylo with arms)

Bonus picture, Baby biscuits our newest member!!
E5E3EDC1-8939-4101-9E51-E44AA926CC10.jpeg

She had a brother, and his name was Gravy, but we had too sell him.

Last but not least, our large fowl hens,

We have, Lady Kluck our Columbian Wyandotte, Barbie our Buff Wyandotte, and Amber and Betty our partridge Wyandottes!

4E49A79E-56A0-4856-A421-8C1A50A0FEF8.jpeg

(Kluck is on the left, Barbie is in the middle of Amber and Betty on the right)

If you have any questions about them or their strange names, I’d be happy to answer!!

Back
Top Bottom