"The FAIR" WHO HOO! We're done!

Congratulations!! It's great to hear how well you (they) did!!

The storage boxes people used probably actually kept their birds calmer as it was dark in there. Just a thought.

Congratulations!! We too just finished and it was a pretty stressful week. My polish rooster was pretty tramatized but he's doing just fine.

I'm already thinking of next year.

jackie

My New Sign:
IMG_1110.jpg

Amerucana
IMG_1076.jpg

GLW bantam
IMG_1075.jpg

SLW Bantam
IMG_1074.jpg

Cochins:
IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

Silkie Trio
IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

Tiberius
IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Frizzle
IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

Call ducks--Mom wants a pair now.
big_smile.png

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

Black Orpington who won Champ. English and Large Fowl
IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

Dolly
IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

Wyandotte who won over Dolly--look at the color difference!
IMG_1083.jpg

Pharaoh--look how pale her face is!
ep.gif

IMG_1082.jpg

White Wyandotte--champ large fowl.
IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

Phoenix Roosters

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

Mom was selected as draft horse judge, and she won this.
IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Stalaag 13 for the show girls

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

Last edited:
Phew! I think I took too many pictures. So my mom wants a pair of call ducks now--she thought they were too cute; and I'm starting to think that bantams are easier to show than the large fowl---look at how perfect all the Wyandotte bantams are! It's just sick! I want a frizzle now....
cool.png
And I've asked for an incubator for my birthday
roll.png
I'll start by hatching out some Tiberius/Callie eggs first, of course! I wish we didn't love Callie so much; He's got a straight comb. Oh well--hopefully he doesn't pass it on. We'll see.

The Girls keep trying to fly out of their quarantine coop--Dolly has flown out at least 10 times and keeps getting stuck, so I have to rescue her every once in a while.

Does anyone know why there weren't many Wyandotte roos there? It was really strange. Perhaps they are uber mean or something?

*Sigh* I am so wasted from the fair yesterday! I feel like sleeping all day, but I've got to go clean the coop.
big_smile.png

Congrats to everyone who did well at their respective fairs! (I may be contacting some of y'all for hatching eggs when I have my 'bator!)

Barg--that is some shirt, LOL! I'm amazed it's still in such good condition!

Last edited:
Quote:
A straight comb is a recessive trait. So if your girl is not a carrier of the recessive gene for a straight comb, your first generation will not have straight combs. Successive ones may though.

Back
Top Bottom