The Farm Store Has a New Employee

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
I was at the farm store today getting feed, chick equipment, and garden plants and discovered that they had a new employee.

0517211054.jpg

0517211054a.jpg

0517211054b.jpg

The rooster is a long-time member of the staff but his girlfriend is a new hire. :D

Haha they remind me of the time I went to a fancy outdoor restaurant with tablecloths and silverware and glasses and everything. The place was mostly empty and I was waiting for my food. Two tables over, the bantam was chasing a hen, who proceeded to jump up on top of a table and the rooster followed her. He managed to breed her on top and in the middle of the table. The waitstaff also saw it. I really tried hard to stop laughing for ten minutes especially since I have similar ones and know how they are. They looked like those.

Haha they remind me of the time I went to a fancy outdoor restaurant with tablecloths and silverware and glasses and everything. The place was mostly empty and I was waiting for my food. Two tables over, the bantam was chasing a hen, who proceeded to jump up on top of a table and the rooster followed her. He managed to breed her on top and in the middle of the table. The waitstaff also saw it. I really tried hard to stop laughing for ten minutes especially since I have similar ones and know how they are. They looked like those.

The farm store rooster is an institution that has actually be grandfathered into some of the town ordinances.

Everyone pretends that they don't know that he's replaced with a new rooster from time to time as he ages or, in one case, had a tragic encounter with a customer's dog. :(

The farm store rooster is an institution that has actually be grandfathered into some of the town ordinances.

Everyone pretends that they don't know that he's replaced with a new rooster from time to time as he ages or, in one case, had a tragic encounter with a customer's dog. :(
So that's not the fist rooster they had? the one in the photo?

So that's not the fist rooster they had? the one in the photo?

No, I remember a different color from 7-8 years ago -- some kind of black and red. Apparently there's been a rooster in the store for decades.

The local store here only has a few lazy dogs that are always laying right in the way of what you need.

The golden lab is the official store greeter.

Back
Top Bottom