The First Crow

Stacyoung13

Crowing
Apr 9, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
My 4 1\2 month old Silkie roo tried crowing for the first time this morning !:wee
He sounded so cute. The crow was all squeaky and broken, but cute as h____ !! I have a 7 month SLW , he tried crowing a couple weeks ago, his was cracky , but not squeaky. After his 3rd try my mature Plymouth Rock (Gator) pushed him off the perch . Now every time he tries , Gator pecks or chases him . Ping {Silkie) gave it his all about 5 times , wing flaps and everything ! He just looks too small to be so big. LOL.

Usually a young cockerel will not crow in the presence of an older roo because they would get beaten up. Silkie has alot of spunk
Usually a young cockerel will not crow in the presence of an older roo because they would get beaten up. Silkie has alot of spunk
My silkies are in their own coop and run . There is a fence between them. But my 2 silkie roos are spunky. They try to challenge right through the fence
IMG_20180731_183901.jpg crowing
IMG_20180731_183821.jpg more interest in older girls than crowing so far .

I’m so happy you have your silkies separate , mine got bullied before we moved them ,

Love young roosters in puperty crowing ... our meat birds have started there’s 7 roosters and they all try to crow ,
bless their hearts ❤️

Back
Top Bottom