The first days of (almost) free range *pics*

Balefire

Songster
8 Years
9 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Orwigsburg PA
My chicken are from 04/ 20. After we moved I'm able to let them freerange, but I'm so scared. Yesterday i was so brave to let them go, surrounded by a sheepnet ( I thought it was safe lol). Now they enjoy a hot day in the woods

86182_chicken_001a.jpg

86182_chicken_004a.jpg

86182_chicken_005a.jpg

86182_chicken_010a.jpg

86182_chicken_008a.jpg

86182_chicken_012a.jpg

86182_chicken_014a.jpg

86182_chicken_017a.jpg

86182_chicken_024a.jpg

86182_chicken_027a.jpg

86182_chicken_033a.jpg

Thanks for looking
big_smile.png

when do you get the nerve to let them free range? I'm new at keeping chicken and we have plenty of room to do it but
I still feel like they might run off or worse get mauled by a cat or something at what age should I take this leap?
they are only 4 weeks and 8 weeks right now.

Quote:
I didn't let mine out of their pen until they were about 12 weeks old. Our property is fenced in with chain link so I don't worry about predators too much during the day time but I do watch the skies for predators. They all go in the coop in the evening. My cat and dog aren't interested in the large chickens but I'm not sure how the cat would act with chicks so they have to stay inside.

Quote:
Mine are around 12 weeks and I let them free by accident, thought the sheepnet is kepping them in
lau.gif
. Guess tomorrow when I'm back to work, they need to stay in their pen . Think they don't like that part

Quote:
She didn't saw a ghost.......one of the other got spooky lol Jerry is a Red Comet rooster. He was sneaky lol, if you see my avatar he got this little cute stripes on the back, everybody thought he is a hen. And sadly he is up for sale. If anyone like to get him, PM me please. I have 2 much rooster
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom