THE FIRST EGG MY CHICKENS LAID

IMG_1308.JPG
unnamed-2.jpg

Here are the first two eggs. The first one was the "rubber egg", then next day I got the shelled egg. It was either Lucy (in front) or Ethyl (behind her). Though Lucy LOOKS like she's the one, since her comb is more red, I thought it was her at first. But it was Ethyl singing the egg song. And Ethyl laid another egg today... so maybe the red comb thing isn't as true as we think?

PS: Yesterday got TWO pretty eggs.. so maybe they're both laying now. They are about 24 weeks old.

Attachments

• unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 10
View attachment 1076447 View attachment 1076448

Here are the first two eggs. The first one was the "rubber egg", then next day I got the shelled egg. It was either Lucy (in front) or Ethyl (behind her). Though Lucy LOOKS like she's the one, since her comb is more red, I thought it was her at first. But it was Ethyl singing the egg song. And Ethyl laid another egg today... so maybe the red comb thing isn't as true as we think?

PS: Yesterday got TWO pretty eggs.. so maybe they're both laying now. They are about 24 weeks old.
That is neat. Maybe my other Blue Cochin and Andalusian will lay soon. Those are cute chickens too. Are they RIRs? Annie why is the one egg called rubber? I have 4 hens with real red combs but just one egg.

We have six production Rhode Island Reds, one is a roo, and they will be 17 weeks old tomorrow.
Cool. Please let us know when they start laying. I know you are probably like I was, looking for an egg on the floor, in the nest, on the ground, everywhere. Lol Now I am looking for more. I have 3 hens old enough to lay and 5 hens about a month behind. I will have eggs for all the family, my Pastors family , and eye Dr. God willing : )

I am definitely looking everywhere even though I know they're still too young :lau. We have been offering eggs to just about everyone we know too. What makes it better/worse is that we have three Cayuga ducks who are a couple weeks younger but might start laying soon as well!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom