THE FIRST EGG MY CHICKENS LAID

I am definitely looking everywhere even though I know they're still too young :lau. We have been offering eggs to just about everyone we know too. What makes it better/worse is that we have three Cayuga ducks who are a couple weeks younger but might start laying soon as well!
Lol. Raising chickens is exciting most of the time. I enjoy it immensely.

Lol. Raising chickens is exciting most of the time. I enjoy it immensely.
So do I. Mine have so much personality! I named one of them "Indie" because she is basically my Indiana Jones chicken. If I stick my arm out then she will jump on it and lay down. She first started doing that when she was just a tiny chick. She was also the first to let me know I needed a taller brooder...

So do I. Mine have so much personality! I named one of them "Indie" because she is basically my Indiana Jones chicken. If I stick my arm out then she will jump on it and lay down. She first started doing that when she was just a tiny chick. She was also the first to let me know I needed a taller brooder...
That is sweet. They do have different personalities. It keeps life interesting.

That is sweet. They do have different personalities. It keeps life interesting.
Yes it does. I've noticed two of my girls like to jump on top of the coop to roost and two constantly go to the nesting boxes while the other one and my rooster go towards the ducks :p. They have a small coop with a small built in run so we set up another, larger run that they are let out into but the wire only goes about two feet high. They jump all over the place! That's how they end up with the ducks. They will even jump out of our five foot tall fence to get into my neighbor's yard.

Yes it does. I've noticed two of my girls like to jump on top of the coop to roost and two constantly go to the nesting boxes while the other one and my rooster go towards the ducks :p. They have a small coop with a small built in run so we set up another, larger run that they are let out into but the wire only goes about two feet high. They jump all over the place! That's how they end up with the ducks. They will even jump out of our five foot tall fence to get into my neighbor's yard.
Lol. You do have some interesting feathered friends.

Back
Top Bottom