The flock I don't have to feed

wegotchickens

DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies
12 Years
Jul 5, 2007
Sevier County, TN
and my newest crafting obsession. Whaddya think?

felted1_edited.jpg

Sorry, I know the picture isn't the best. The $1 is there to convey size. Some of these are already on pin backs, the others soon will have them. They are VERY lightweight!
Oh, the bird in the upper left is actually more of a sculpture and won't be made into a pin since it's 3D. It's an experiment. I was trying for a quail-like bird, but I think it needs a duck bill instead...

I have at least this many felted brids that are larger, more of an ornament size. They are 3D as well.

All are needle-felted and are completely wool fiber except for the eyes. Those are glass beads sewn onto them.
Haven't figured out what to do about feet yet. I could make some with some cool twisty bugle beads and wire. Or just leave them without feet.
The small pin on the upper right will never have feet, as it's my first pin and has been worn many times now (and I love it!).

ep.gif
Those are so stinking cute Lori!! I have not talent for that kind of stuff. The only thing I am good at is taking care of critters and babies.

Good job
thumbsup.gif

Adorable!!!
I wished I would have some extra $$$ to buy one from you. Do not listen to your family.....keep up your great work!!!

Thanks, newchickenfamily & crazy huhn. I really appreciate the positive reinforcement. I will keep making them because I can't seem to stop! Every time I make one I get new ideas that I want to try. It's an addiction!
lol.png

crazy huhn, I've thought about selling them to help fuel my addiction. I may take some with me to the Cocke County Poultry Show in May and see if anyone likes them.

Back
Top Bottom