The Fricken Chicken story!

Pics
These 3 are escape artists... Griff, Toodles, and Noodle
20200719_102602.jpg

I have learned silkie chicken, are very confusing.... I heard someone "crowing". Ran over, hoping to catch one of the trio... Nope, it was Trouble. Falkor doesn't partake with the bantam girls. If he does, he is sneaky, I never seen him do it. The 3 bantam hens, have been lost with out a rooster. I suppose Trouble is stepping up, until one of the silkies decides to crow. I got rid of the seabright rooster I had. He was a complete prick...

He really is quite striking! 🥰 I just love his grey beard, and those two long tail feathers. I like to get a hold of him in the evenings and force cuddles. He absolutely hates it most the times, puts up a struggle, then finally gives in. He is slowly learning to just deal with it 😆 He used to be the devil... like right after testosterone kicked in! I was seriously going to butcher him, until he chased a racoon out of the coop during the night. Because of him, I only lost one hen, out of like 13. Rori had a clutch of eggs too, about 15 of them? Owlly, Cooper, and Blue was in those eggs! Sad, but majority of my girls was safe because of him! So he got lucky and has a "get out of jail free card" hanging about his head like a halo! :lau
View attachment 2250545View attachment 2250547View attachment 2250549View attachment 2250551View attachment 2250552View attachment 2250553View attachment 2250554
He is quite stunning!

We have been actively hunting coyote here all weekend. We have 3 cats and countless chickens gone from them.... While out hunting, we practice gun safety. We will NOT shoot, unless we have a clear shot and know what it is. In the process of all of this commotion. We found this little bugger in the brush! This little guy is lucky to not be a coyote snack. He is safe now, and has a full belly. I'm over these coyote......
20200720_105200.jpg

Me to. I'd love to see your assortment.
I posted pictures of my previous eggs^^^. I've only been getting a few eggs a day. We been eating them as fast as they come out 😆 I haven't got an egg from Woman in weeks. Which isn't uncommon for her. Sometimes she will lay them while on the roost, and they break on the floor. No idea why she does that. She is my most flighty chicken of my flock, so maybe that has something to do with it?

We have been actively hunting coyote here all weekend. We have 3 cats and countless chickens gone from them.... While out hunting, we practice gun safety. We will NOT shoot, unless we have a clear shot and know what it is. In the process of all of this commotion. We found this little bugger in the brush! This little guy is lucky to not be a coyote snack. He is safe now, and has a full belly. I'm over these coyote......View attachment 2253827
I'm so glad you were able to save the kitty. Good luck with the coyote hunt. Something needs to be done with them.

My poor Owlly got taken by either coon or coyote today. Had a great day, until I heard the ruckus of my flock and my dog barking. I can't wait for my fence to be up for my dogs. So I can leave the chicken in with them during the day. Its joyful to free range, but can be awful sad too.

I gave my hen Rori 3 eggs to hatch. She has desperately been wanting to hatch a clutch. Owlly laid me one today, so hopefully it goes the full 21 days. All I had available for other eggs was one from Blondie and Ruby, so they are under her too!😔😔
View attachment 2230362
Omg, my family would be devastated. They are our pets. They know their names. I am so sorry for your loss. Please let that egg hatch. She was a beauty

Back
Top Bottom