The Fricken Chicken story!

Trouble
Trouble, she got her name because she was always into something. I can not keep this girl in the run. Up and over the fence she goes.... For the longest time I thought she was a rooster. I seen her crow many of times, even standing beside my seabright rooster. Pretty sure she just crows because she knows she can. But here she is laying an egg. The crowing egg laying chicken.
20200706_142512.jpg

So sorry! But so glad you got the pest!!
Between my house and my mothers (right down the road), racoons and coyotes wipe out 8 in our flock. Took 3 nights with the AR and finally got the coyote. Was full of my Blue's feathers, but I was glad to see it gone. Had a coyote kill one of my cats last fall. So I been on high alert since. Trapped and relocated more coons this year too. Its been a rough year with predators.

Tina
Tiny and Trouble are bin mates from TSC. I got them last year, along with 2 other seabrights, Rico Sauve and Trixie. Rico was a mean little prick... I got rid of him last month for spurring one of my kids. Trixie was a sweetheart. I lost her to racoons a few months ago.

Tina laying a egg today. For a bantam she lays well. She lays me an egg usually 6 days out of the week.
20200706_152349.jpg

From left to right.
Toodles: Mille Fluer D'uccle and maybe partridge cochin cross.
Noodle: White silkie roo and Mille Fluer D'uccle hen cross
Nessy and Hippogriff: No idea what they actually are. They come from TSC. Solid Black feathers, black skin and comb, 5 toes on each foot. Im assuming a silkie cross, but not a clue what else. Marked as Southern Ramblers. Growing up to be some large chicks!

20200706_162041.jpg

Griff: griff has a crest coming in.
20200705_135230.jpg

Nessy
20200705_135130.jpg

Noodle
20200705_135038.jpg
20200705_135042.jpg

Toodles: Toodles and Noodle come from my moms hatch this year. Not entirely sure if Toodles is a cochin or OEGB chick. I do know she is part D'uccle, and pretty sure she is a pullet!
20200628_112204.jpg

My bantams have decided to flock together. All 6 was in a spread group, then 2 wonder out of frame. Proud of my little chickens! Back to having 2 separate flocks. Bigs and littles! Meanwhile in the background, the 4 young chicks haven't ventured out of the open run. This is their 2nd day, being left loose with the big chickens. I will leave their cage open tonight, and probably remove it tomorrow completely!
20200706_175339.jpg

My poor Owlly got taken by either coon or coyote today. Had a great day, until I heard the ruckus of my flock and my dog barking. I can't wait for my fence to be up for my dogs. So I can leave the chicken in with them during the day. Its joyful to free range, but can be awful sad too.

I gave my hen Rori 3 eggs to hatch. She has desperately been wanting to hatch a clutch. Owlly laid me one today, so hopefully it goes the full 21 days. All I had available for other eggs was one from Blondie and Ruby, so they are under her too!😔😔
20200706_183150.jpg

My bantams have decided to flock together. All 6 was in a spread group, then 2 wonder out of frame. Proud of my little chickens! Back to having 2 separate flocks. Bigs and littles! Meanwhile in the background, the 4 young chicks haven't ventured out of the open run. This is their 2nd day, being left loose with the big chickens. I will leave their cage open tonight, and probably remove it tomorrow completely!
View attachment 2230211
I love seeing chickens out in the grass being chickens. :love

Back
Top Bottom