The Fricken Chicken story!

Left to right: Groot, Turtle and Gmork
View attachment 2231562

Gmork: I'm on the fence with Gmork, roughly 5 or 6 month. Im not entirely sure if I should expect a crow or an egg. Gmork is a sweet chicken none the less!
View attachment 2231567View attachment 2231568View attachment 2231575View attachment 2231576View attachment 2231587

Turtle: Turtle is a pretty cool little showgirl! I named it Turtle, because of the neck. Very laid back, acts like a hen to me. Again... I could be wrong. 🤷‍♀️😂 My Turtle BirdView attachment 2231573View attachment 2231574View attachment 2231578View attachment 2231590
This is what happens when I try to get a picture with my Turtle bird...
View attachment 2231579
Groot: I am almost certain, Groot is going to crow.. Groot is about the same age as Turtle, 6 to 8 weeks. With waddled and a lumpy bumpy comb growing in already. I give it a couple more weeks and he will be singing the song of his people!!🐓🐓🐓View attachment 2231581View attachment 2231584View attachment 2231589
They're all adorable.

Good morning! Rori is setting on 5 eggs! 1 egg from Cooper, 2 Ruby eggs, 1 Owlly and 1 Blondie.
20200708_062713.jpg
20200708_062927.jpg

Nessy and griff sure are growing up to be some good looking birds.
20200708_062349.jpg

Griff sporting a crest! Nessy doesn't have a crest.
20200708_063104.jpg

20200708_062344.jpg
20200708_062406.jpg
20200708_062213.jpg

Young Master Groot, has confirmed my suspicion of being a rooster this morning. I watch him preform a fail attempt to do the "Nasty" with poor Turtle. Fingers still crossed for Turtle being a pullet!!
20200708_062533.jpg

Gmork, being much older than Turtle and Groot. I would suspect Gmork to crow already, or lay and egg. I'm about to rename Gmork, The Nothing!

Brownie points if you know where the names, Gmork, Falkor, and The Nothing come from!

Last edited:
Young Master Groot, has confirmed my suspicion of being a rooster this morning. I watch him preform a fail attempt to do the "Nasty" with poor Turtle. Fingers still crossed for Turtle being a pullet!!
View attachment 2232777

Gmork, being much older than Turtle and Groot. I would suspect Gmork to crow already, or lay and egg. I'm about to rename Gmork, The Nothing!

Brownie points if you know where the names, Gmork, Falkor, and The Nothing come from!
The names are very familiar but I can't quite put it together. I know that The Nothing is key but I guess I'm a little slow this morning. I promise not to Google it. :caf

Last edited:
Red: Arabian
Red has been with me since he was a spunky 5yr old. He is now at the at the ripe old age of 31 yrs young. Oh have we been through alot together ❤ It will be a very sad day when he no longer has the will to keep going. Other than being a little skinny, (he is an antique) he will still run his legs off through the field, and give me a run for my money when I try to catch him. Me and him showed in every type of class we could, from pleasure to contesting to hunter hack. I have more ribbons and trophies from that boy, than I have room to store them. I suppose when you show a horse for well over 15yrs, all that gets added up. I have since retired him many years ago, for my use. He does however love to still tote the kids around. He has been a good lesson horse for them.
20200708_080941.jpg
20200708_080858.jpg

Stryker: Arabian Appaloosa cross
I honestly wasn't looking to buy another horse. Somehow or another I got suckered into working this gangly giant 2yr old for a friend. Well... the first time I got on him with a saddle, he attempted to throw me. Of course, I got back up on him and me and him just clicked after that. The previous owner, told me she would sell him to me. Fast forward 6yrs, 2 children and here we are! My big 8yr old Opie (we call him Opie, because he gets into everything, and does the silliest stuff)
I considered selling him. With 2 kids, it's hard to find time to go riding anymore. 😪 I figured my daughter is going to be 4H age before long. So he can be her horse. Mom over here can just fine tune him when the time comes!
20200708_080820.jpg

He wasn't that dirty until he went out and found a nice mud hole to roll in. The joys of a white horse, that likes the mud...
How does that saying go, "The grass is greener on the other side" or at least more plentiful! :lau
20200708_081207.jpg

Red: Arabian
Red has been with me since he was a spunky 5yr old. He is now at the at the ripe old age of 31 yrs young. Oh have we been through alot together ❤ It will be a very sad day when he no longer has the will to keep going. Other than being a little skinny, (he is an antique) he will still run his legs off through the field, and give me a run for my money when I try to catch him. Me and him showed in every type of class we could, from pleasure to contesting to hunter hack. I have more ribbons and trophies from that boy, than I have room to store them. I suppose when you show a horse for well over 15yrs, all that gets added up. I have since retired him many years ago, for my use. He does however love to still tote the kids around. He has been a good lesson horse for them.
View attachment 2232800View attachment 2232803
Stryker: Arabian Appaloosa cross
I honestly wasn't looking to buy another horse. Somehow or another I got suckered into working this gangly giant 2yr old for a friend. Well... the first time I got on him with a saddle, he attempted to throw me. Of course, I got back up on him and me and him just clicked after that. The previous owner, told me she would sell him to me. Fast forward 6yrs, 2 children and here we are! My big 8yr old Opie (we call him Opie, because he gets into everything, and does the silliest stuff)
I considered selling him. With 2 kids, it's hard to find time to go riding anymore. 😪 I figured my daughter is going to be 4H age before long. So he can be her horse. Mom over here can just fine tune him when the time comes!
View attachment 2232801
He wasn't that dirty until he went out and found a nice mud hole to roll in. The joys of a white horse, that likes the mud...
How does that saying go, "The grass is greener on the other side" or at least more plentiful! :lau
View attachment 2232804
They are beautiful. My daughter rode and jumped when she was young. I still hold out hope that one day she will have her own horses

Let's rewind a couple year, when I got Falkor. I had him for maybe a full 24hrs. This boy darted out the cage when I was getting him food and water.... I couldn't catch him, so I pretty much told him good luck, hope you come back to the coop before dark. Some how he managed to survive in a new environment, by joining up with the girls that evening in the coop. He is my Luck Dragon 🐉... Hence the name Falkor!
20200708_090724.jpg

The real Falkor from "The Neverending Story"
Vlc_2014-05-26_20-04-37-39.bmp.jpg

Since I have a Falkor. I figure Gmork was a fitting name for the furry black creature!
20200708_091530.jpg

download.jpeg
Gmork.jpg

Back
Top Bottom