The Fricken Chicken story!

Pics
Everyone wanted to be up close and personal this morning! Cooper and her flippy-do feathers behind her ear. They wasn't that way till she molted this spring. Miss Rubs was being extra chatty, going on about whatever she was talking about. If I was to guess, probably about the weather. I can't help but take pictures of my boy. He is just such a stunning man!!
20200708_091623.jpg
20200708_091616.jpg
20200708_091607.jpg
]

Here is Ruby, Rori, And Roodi when they was pullets. The girls who started it all!
Rori and Ruby
20200708_090709.jpg

Rori, Ruby, and Roodi
20200708_090739.jpg

Roodi, Ruby and Rori
20200708_090800.jpg

Roodi: Roodi was my ultimate favorite. She is Cooper's mom, and my Blue bird mom too.. I cried for 2 days when she passed.. I had a racoon break into the coop last spring. Thankfully Falkor did his job and kept the rest safe. She was the sweetest of the 3 girls. She once ventured to my grandparents who live next door, somehow got into the house, and survived 4 hrs locked in with 2 small dogs. My grandfather called and said the dogs had your chicken by the leg, trying to pull it off the chair inside. I got it and through it back outside. Im like well that explains where she was MIA for 5 hrs or more. She gimped back home, and recovered well after a couple weeks. They never went back to my grandparents after that for a long time. Lol
20200706_102859.jpg

Let's rewind a couple year, when I got Falkor. I had him for maybe a full 24hrs. This boy darted out the cage when I was getting him food and water.... I couldn't catch him, so I pretty much told him good luck, hope you come back to the coop before dark. Some how he managed to survive in a new environment, by joining up with the girls that evening in the coop. He is my Luck Dragon 🐉... Hence the name Falkor!
View attachment 2232868
The real Falkor from "The Neverending Story"
View attachment 2232873
Since I have a Falkor. I figure Gmork was a fitting name for the furry black creature!
View attachment 2232878
View attachment 2232875View attachment 2232876
I knew it! Drat! :rant:rant:he

Yes!!!:celebrate:wee I just score a FREE coop, used to be a pigeon coop. Its like 6x10x8. My aunt wants it gone, so score for me! I also got a free chicken run, my friends built then moved. Its smaller 6x8x6. But that will be perfect for my bantams!! Praise the chicken gods above!:bow
That is a good day. Problems solved for free. :thumbsup

Now the question is, should it become a bachelor pad, or a bantam pad? I mean out of all my silkie chicks, the majority act like boys! 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🐓🐓🐓🤣🤣 I'm pretty sure I'm a rooster magnet. If I could just find out how to remove the magnet. Or change the polarity to the hens instead... :lau
Either way, it will be a nice addition to The Fricken Chicken zoo! :lau Some days , I feel like I run a zoo. Running around feeding critters and children, cleaning poop from both animals and children. My husband says how hard he works, well what about me!! I work hard in a different way, 7 days a week with no weekend or vacation from my "job"!! Some days, I would like to go back to driving truck. At least I had some time to myself! :idunno

Now the question is, should it become a bachelor pad, or a bantam pad? I mean out of all my silkie chicks, the majority act like boys! 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🐓🐓🐓🤣🤣 I'm pretty sure I'm a rooster magnet. If I could just find out how to remove the magnet. Or change the polarity to the hens instead... :lau
Either way, it will be a nice addition to The Fricken Chicken zoo! :lau Some days , I feel like I run a zoo. Running around feeding critters and children, cleaning poop from both animals and children. My husband says how hard he works, well what about me!! I work hard in a different way, 7 days a week with no weekend or vacation from my "job"!! Some days, I would like to go back to driving truck. At least I had some time to myself! :idunno
I was just saying this last night as I hauled myself off the couch at 9 pm to go close up the coop complex and make sure everyone is in bed. Mrs BY Bob wasn't jumping up to go do it! :gig

I keep asking myself, When did I become a farmer? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom