The Fricken Chicken story!

Pics
I really like where my coop and run is at, it stays fairly shaded there. I'm going to try and figure the new coop in the same general area. I suppose I could always dig up some pin oak or walnut starts, and plant them around the new coop. They do grow like weeds here.
20200812_085549.jpg

Falkor checking out the new additions.
20200812_085553.jpg
20200812_085608.jpg
20200812_085615.jpg

He's attempting to feed them. Falkor turned into a great rooster over the pass year. He has always accepted new babies into the flock, it's my hens who are butts..
20200812_085624.jpg

I really like where my coop and run is at, it stays fairly shaded there. I'm going to try and figure the new coop in the same general area. I suppose I could always dig up some pin oak or walnut starts, and plant them around the new coop. They do grow like weeds here.
View attachment 2287048
Falkor checking out the new additions.
View attachment 2287049View attachment 2287050View attachment 2287051
He's attempting to feed them. Falkor turned into a great rooster over the pass year. He has always accepted new babies into the flock, it's my hens who are butts..
View attachment 2287052
What a good boy. You are very lucky to have a good rooster like him.

Hens are just butts to each other. I have 4 hens out of 6 that are real meanies towards the chicks, including their mother now.

Hattie is not one of them. She is my sweetest hen.

What a good boy. You are very lucky to have a good rooster like him.

Hens are just butts to each other. I have 4 hens out of 6 that are real meanies towards the chicks, including their mother now.

Hattie is not one of them. She is my sweetest hen.
I have a couple sweet ones. Usually Rori, Goldie and Itty like the babies. The rest are meanies. Specially Ruby! This morning I was trying to video Gmork crowing. Well Woman decided during his mid crow, that she had enough of his mouth. She grabbed him by the back of the head, and basically body slammed him. 😂😂😂🤷‍♀️ poor guy is just learning his voice. Yet I think Woman secretly wants to be in his flock. She has abandoned Falkor and moved on to hang with Gmork, and the bantams.

I have a couple sweet ones. Usually Rori, Goldie and Itty like the babies. The rest are meanies. Specially Ruby! This morning I was trying to video Gmork crowing. Well Woman decided during his mid crow, that she had enough of his mouth. She grabbed him by the back of the head, and basically body slammed him. 😂😂😂🤷‍♀️ poor guy is just learning his voice. Yet I think Woman secretly wants to be in his flock. She has abandoned Falkor and moved on to hang with Gmork, and the bantams.
She probably wants in his flock because she can dominate him. I had a hen that beat up my rooster from time to time. She would knock him off the other girls as he was trying to mate with them! 😆

Did yours make it to laying age? I'm curious as to what color eggs they will lay. I think Nessy is a pullet, and Griffy is a rooster. I know they are a silkie hybrid, maybe with ayam? Jet black, with an iridescent sheen of purple and green. Almost like and oil spill color. They sure have a striking resemblance of my friends pure Ayam the same age. But who knows. They are cool!
Sadly, no, they didn't make it. I don't know what kind of eggs Shade would have laid, either.
Eclipse, the rooster, had some gold in his feathers -- do either of yours have that? They both had crests and slightly feathery feet, too.

Sadly, no, they didn't make it. I don't know what kind of eggs Shade would have laid, either.
Eclipse, the rooster, had some gold in his feathers -- do either of yours have that? They both had crests and slightly feathery feet, too.
Clean legs. 5 toes. Black skin. So far just black feathers. Griffy does have a crest. Nessy does not

Back
Top Bottom