The Fricken Chicken story!

Pics
Day 3 of coyote hunting. I either just miss him coming through, or dont have a safe shot. This morning was like a Disney story. 3 racoons, and an opossum! Then old Wyle coyote strolled through and bite one of the coon on the rump, to spoke it away from spaghetti left overs. :lol: :idunno I took a shot, but I think missed. I'll check over the hill after the sun gets up. Ugh I hate these darn pet killers....

Pretty sure they don't know they are "quarantine". I think, they think they are in "being spoiled chicken" training! :lol:

These 3 needs good names! Lol she is going to be one of them hens who hold her own. She even bosses the rooster around. But she has laid me an egg every day but one since she came here!
View attachment 2350430View attachment 2350431
Again, I just love him. I can't wait to see him outside, being a rooster!
View attachment 2350432
I was kind of worried on this one. She was very sad looking. She held her posture low. Tail down. Just kind of looked blah. She had since perked up! I'm hoping its a she anyways! 😆
View attachment 2350433View attachment 2350434View attachment 2350435
Raspberry, Oreo, and Marshmallow

Pretty sure they don't know they are "quarantine". I think, they think they are in "being spoiled chicken" training! :lol:

These 3 needs good names! Lol she is going to be one of them hens who hold her own. She even bosses the rooster around. But she has laid me an egg every day but one since she came here!
View attachment 2350430View attachment 2350431
Again, I just love him. I can't wait to see him outside, being a rooster!
View attachment 2350432
I was kind of worried on this one. She was very sad looking. She held her posture low. Tail down. Just kind of looked blah. She had since perked up! I'm hoping its a she anyways! 😆
View attachment 2350433View attachment 2350434View attachment 2350435
They look like they are doing great! That makes me very happy. They actually look like they are loving the porch, imagine how they will love real grass! :love

They look like they are doing great! That makes me very happy. They actually look like they are loving the porch, imagine how they will love real grass! :love
At least the sun porch has a use for now! Makes for a nice quarantine area! This morning. They have no nasal discharge!!!:wee Just some sneezing still! Today is the last day of antibiotics too. Started Wednesday evening, So I went to day 6 instead of 5. I'll pull their bedding, and give their area a quick clean up. Then keep watch on them the next few days.

I been trying to get together a nice silkie flock, to start breeding them. I love the blues. But I love the paints too. So with the babies in the basement and the couple outside. I should have some nice ones to group up in the spring!
Are you wanting pure silkies or just like not pure. Sorry just wondering.

Are you wanting pure silkies or just like not pure. Sorry just wondering.
I want pure silkie, not frizzle, or satin. I have one frizzle silkie chick, that I am keeping. If she is a pullet! But I may not use her with my silkie breeding. They don't necessarily need to be show quality, maybe down the road when I put my daughter into 4H. For now, I just want a flock of fluffy nuggets running around, that I can hatch eggs from in the spring. 😁 Typically I usually only hatch with a broody, to replace casualties in my flock. I had my share this year, because I free range my flock during the day.

At least the sun porch has a use for now! Makes for a nice quarantine area! This morning. They have no nasal discharge!!!:wee Just some sneezing still! Today is the last day of antibiotics too. Started Wednesday evening, So I went to day 6 instead of 5. I'll pull their bedding, and give their area a quick clean up. Then keep watch on them the next few days.
I am very hopeful that you got them over the hump. :fl

Back
Top Bottom