The Front Porch Swing

Yes that first egg is always exciting. We spend about $150-200 a week on feed, we were buying half of our feed at our local CO-OP but started seeing hens stop laying, we have switched to flock raiser and mixing in calcium and oats along with some Purina layer and seems to be much better we also add a small bag of scratch to each 55 gallon trash can.

Interesting that they stopped laying.... was the protein in the Co-Op feed all plant based? what do you think was the difference?

BM6: sorry to hear your yard sale got rained out
smack.gif
to the rain!

Last edited:
TN, Have fun with the party!!!

Today, I was given a beautiful pair of blue bantam orpingtons. I can't wait to see the chicks they produce. I have them separated from all the other chickens, they got wormer/mite treatment, nails clipped, have some ACV in their water, and are waiting their turn to join everyone else.
wink.png

TN, Have fun with the party!!!

Today, I was given a beautiful pair of blue bantam orpingtons. I can't wait to see the chicks they produce. I have them separated from all the other chickens, they got wormer/mite treatment, nails clipped, have some ACV in their water, and are waiting their turn to join everyone else.
wink.png
c'mon TD, you know if there are no pictures...it didn't happen
tongue2.gif

TN, Have fun with the party!!! Today, I was given a beautiful pair of blue bantam orpingtons. I can't wait to see the chicks they produce. I have them separated from all the other chickens, they got wormer/mite treatment, nails clipped, have some ACV in their water, and are waiting their turn to join everyone else. ;)
c'mon TD, you know if there are no pictures...it didn't happen
tongue2.gif
Ha ha ha!!! The hen is in the middle of a molt. I'll try to get a picture of the roo. He is gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom