The Front Porch Swing

Good morning.I am new here.My name is Susan.I am 68 years old.My husband Ed is 71.We have been married 48 years.Raised 4 wonderful children, Both of us are farm brats and we had a working family farm since we have been married. Now,with the kids grown and with families of their own. We don't have a lot farm animals(sure miss them),we do have 9 lovely ladies Buff orpingtons and Barred rocks and,4 silly cats.We had a wonderful dog named Fred but we lost him after 14 years. I still do a lot of gardening,we have a huge garden and I can and freeze for the year.I also sew and do recycling crafts etc.I collect vintage cookbooks and have fun making my own scrapbook cookbooks to give to my daughter in laws.

Our "girls" are almost 6 years old but they still lay almost every day.They keep us laughing with their antics running around in the yard,and are great bug catchers.We have lost several of our hens over the past 6 years to neighbor dogs and hawks.But we have reinforced our fencing and with the trees and bushes outside the girls have been safe from harm for a long time now.

One of our hens a large Buff thinks she is a rooster and she will crow in the early mornings.We thought at first that a rooster from the neighboring farm got in our yard,but it was her(we saw and heard her doing this.)This started about 2 years ago. Has anyone here ever have a hen crow?

Spook had a hammock one time. What a nice place to relax,
It was tied between two trees down by the brook. I could
lay there and listen to the water run.

But....there is a lot of Spook and I don't guess they make
trees like they use to.

At least I had a good view of the tree falling.

Spook

Glad to meet you, Miss Susan.

Just pull up a chair here on the porch and join
in.

You don't mind pushing the porch swing for me, do you?

If you collect cookbooks, I hope you've brought some
brownies? (Spooks eat a lot)

Spook

Spook, always good for a laugh.
lol.png

Sure hope you weren't hurt too badly when the tree fell.

welcome-byc.gif
Susan

Laughing at me...? You hurt my feelings.

And that story was almost true, too.

Spook...who wears his hard-hat to the hammock now.

nice!!!!

DH and I took the week off to get some stuff done around here before it gets too hot. and before my sister and kids come to visit from Germany. just got back from Lowes ($$$$$)

Hoping to do the vent skin and shingle the roof on the original coop. Dang thing is in the only relentless sunny area on our property so we are trying a vent skin on the roof to help it stay cool. by the way...plywood is expensive!!!!

The new coop we have put in the woods...trees to shade it. Much better!!! Deciduous trees for natural solar heating/cooling are da bomb!

need more coffee...

Back
Top Bottom