The Front Porch Swing

Spook had a hammock one time. What a nice place to relax,
It was tied between two trees down by the brook. I could
lay there and listen to the water run.

But....there is a lot of Spook and I don't guess they make
trees like they use to.

At least I had a good view of the tree falling.

Spook
lau.gif

I have heard of this happening, but not witnessed it myself.

Welcome to the group!!!

Mine does!! my white ameraucana girlie!! I LOVE HER!!! I couldn't figure out where the crowing was coming from because i KNEW I did not have a hidden roo...I pulled up a chair in my barn and watched--low and behold my pretty white girl let out a huge pathetic half hearted crow! She does it all the time now. There is no roo in that pen!

Spook sorry about your near fatal accident !!!!

I love that coop!!!

Sigh, if I had a porch like that it would be cluttered with guy stuff so quickly it would lead to marital mutiny. Yeah, I'd have my carrot juice in one hand and a big whopping stick in the other. And NO greasy grimy hands on my cushions.

shoot, Do you see what they have done to me? I am defending the cleanliness of a make believe space. Maybe I need sonew's Margareta over the carrot juice.
I think that happens to all of us, our minds just get all cluttered and end up all over the place... I don't drink so I eat chocolate, lol

I prefer a hammock-with a good book and a glass of iced sweet tea.
Ahhhh... now that sounds absolutely heavenly... even more so if my siesta wasn't interrupted by a short person, lol.... but I've had enough experienced women tell me that someday I will miss those little interruptions, so my attitude has changed to enjoy them instead...

Wow!! very nice!!

Laughing at me...? You hurt my feelings.

And that story was almost true, too.

Spook...who wears his hard-hat to the hammock now.

hugs.gif
Sorry, Spook (almost).

I couldn't sleep very well in a hammock with a hard-hat on.
yuckyuck.gif
's

CPL... sounds like you go from one big project to the next!! Sounds like you have a very busy summer ahead of you!

thebirdguy lives by me and his animals are all on about 15 acres with a big barn in the middle of it... He has a GP named, oh dear, now I don't remember his name... anyway.... he is an awesome dog, big and friendly and birdguy says doing a good job protecting his charges...

CPL... I feel for your FIL... My grandparents passed away 20 years ago while I was in high school... I went to their grave Sunday, it was so peaceful, but I cried my eyes out, I miss them terribly.... but I do feel their presence from time to time, and since I believe in angels, I tell my boys they are watching over them (the boys)... Anyway... my grandma had cancer and was sick for a long time, my grandpa was by her side the whole time caring for her... and even though we knew she was going to pass, he was devastated when she did. They were very close, he missed her terribly. He had heart disease, so we shouldn't have been surprised when he passed 3 weeks later of a heart attack, but it was still shocking and sad.... double wammy. We all believe he willed himself to die with a broken heart....

Anyway... don't want to make everyone cry, but I thought about them a lot this weekend and was glad to see the flag on their grave (he was a Korean war vet)...

Got the peas planted, it's going to rain this afternoon, so heading out to plant as much corn, squash, pumpkins and lettuce as I can with help from child #1
big_smile.png

hugs.gif
So sorry about your grandparents, Mesha. I never knew my mom's mother-she died when my Mom was 19. Mom's youngest sister was 14 and tried to start the car while her mother was standing behind it. It rolled backward and killed her. My mom was at school, but her sister was sick that day and stayed home. My mom's dad had Alzheimer's and lived with us for 6 years before he died. I chose to work in a nursing home in the "Special Care" (Alzheimer's) unit later because I enjoyed that type of work. It is hard work, but I really enjoyed it. I was a CNA. My Dad's mother died right before Jason and I got married of complications from Diabetes. She was a quiet, stern type and I don't think anyone ever really KNEW her. My Grandpa is still alive, at 83. He remarried (his brother's widow) 7 years ago, knowing she was in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. They are so much in love, it is a beautiful thing to see them together. He has extreme health issues of his own, and she doesn't remember much, but she is worried sick when he is in the hospital and she can't be there all of the time-mainly because it is exhausting for him and he needs to rest, not worry about her wandering away and getting lost.

Need some close ups! Great little coops- I need to build some!

I am very thankful to have my Dad's parents still living- they came over to visit yesterday and took some veggie plants with them to plant later. I love my mamaw and papaw! Papaw can't get around very well, he has had gout for many years now and was in the hospital for nearly a year after he broke his leg. I still have my Mom's dad but he has had dimensia for over 8 years and it is kind of like for the last 4 or 5 he really hasn't been here- sometimes you can see a spark in his eye when he thinks he knows you- those are really good days! My Mom's mother passed away before my little boy was born- Mamaw Betty- we had a feeling she knew she would never see him. She made sure to buy his crib (we had sold our other one from the girls 1 month before I found out about him) and a bunch of stuff for him. I would tell her to wait until he was born to buy all the boy stuff and she said "no, I am buying him anything I want and I know he is going to be a little boy" she knew somehow. She died in my third trimester.

Laie_23.gif
Heather, Thank you for the invite The Front Porch Swing....couldn't find a regular porch swing smiley, so this will have to do.

I had a wonderful holiday weekend due to a visit from DS1 who came up from KY and brought DS3's ds2 with him (translated means my oldest son brought his younger brother's second son) for a visit. DS3 stayed home with ds1 to attend his promotion ceremony from grade school. We had a great time hitting garage sales, playing dominoes and UNO, making S'mores, feeding chicks and poults, throwing disc golf discs, going to a White Sox baseball game (We won!!), seeing Buckingham Fountain, the Cloud Gate (The Bean) Sculpture at Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, eating pizza and Italian ice and gelato in Cicero , watering chicks and poults, visiting with DS2 and his family, seeing DD2 when she came out from NIU for a cook-out, meeting everyone at our church, playing with the barn cats and watching a couple of movies while eating popcorn...........today I had to work and they returned home.......missing them as I type this......but it was a great weekend and I am thankful they got to come visit.........next week.....DD1 and her family will be here for a friend's wedding........I'd better get some rest!
old.gif

Hiya! Pysankigirl led me here, so yell at her about it! I'm bookmarking my spot!

I love that front porch. My dream house...which I'll never have....has a full wrap-around old-fashioned veranda. And comes with someone else to keep it looking magazine worthy!

Just got back from doggie school. My youngest is in kindergarten, learning basic manners. We have a looong way to go!

Back
Top Bottom