The Front Porch Swing

Prayers sent for all my friends and those in need.

Welcome to the newbies - I just set 3 dozen white chocolate macadamia cookies on the table. Enjoy before my DH eats them all. 14 years of marriage and I never knew that he loved them. They are not one of my favorites, so I never made them before.

Well, the new place passed all the inspections, they agreed to the property split we wanted, and even though the sellers don't want to give us any financial consideration for replacing windows, we are getting a nice zero-turn lawnmower and 8 guinea hens to make up for it. Now with final approval of the loan - we will have a new house.

My mom and dad stopped by to see the house when the home inspector was there - DH was there also. Our impression is that they were not very impressed. My dads comment when I asked what he thought, "Its an old house." I guess he was expecting us to by another $300,000 place like we have now. This is what we can afford until we sell our current place. And yes, it is old, it was built in 1955 or '35 - they are not sure which. But it has obviously been a loved home and has been very well maintained. The mechanicals have been updated and everything is very high quality. And with 25 acres, we have some options ...

I just thought I'd share. Here's my youngest (5), pictures taken by the oldest (20) - who refuses to have her picture taken. Silly girl.

Beautiful girl! I am sure you are very proud of her. You will have to run the boys off when she gets a little older.......a big LGD might help with that....LOL.

.......sounds just like me. My boyfriend spilled raw honey (the real stuff) on the counter this morning. He caught me licking it off the counter. He informed me that "I am not right". I said "but it sure tastes good!".

Bahahahaha, he just had to walk in, right?
lau.gif

Welcome to the newbies - I just set 3 dozen white chocolate macadamia cookies on the table. Enjoy before my DH eats them all. 14 years of marriage and I never knew that he loved them. They are not one of my favorites, so I never made them before.

Well, the new place passed all the inspections, they agreed to the property split we wanted, and even though the sellers don't want to give us any financial consideration for replacing windows, we are getting a nice zero-turn lawnmower and 8 guinea hens to make up for it. Now with final approval of the loan - we will have a new house.

My mom and dad stopped by to see the house when the home inspector was there - DH was there also. Our impression is that they were not very impressed. My dads comment when I asked what he thought, "Its an old house." I guess he was expecting us to by another $300,000 place like we have now. This is what we can afford until we sell our current place. And yes, it is old, it was built in 1955 or '35 - they are not sure which. But it has obviously been a loved home and has been very well maintained. The mechanicals have been updated and everything is very high quality. And with 25 acres, we have some options ...

Fingers crossed for you sweetie. Good luck..
highfive.gif

I love old houses...rather have one built back then any day! So...what was that building out back of the barns?
pop.gif
I just can't WAIT until you get moved into this thing and start farming!
celebrate.gif

Good Morning Everyone!

Searsmom, I am praying for your Dad. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. I think guineas along with LGD would be GREAT protection for her.

Bee, I loved the pictures of Hootie! Good luck with the other 2 eggs.

Lisa :)

Good for you. I keep a shotgun in my tackroom for personal and animal protection.

There are 3 Great Danes that are huge, they are as tall as I am standing, while they are on all fours. They don't like me to do my morning walk. Several other dogs that run loose in my subdivision. Many squeeze through my gate. They are not happy to see me ... they forget it is my huge yard. They are learning. My neighbor was home when I shot at his dog who was in my yard. Their dog always comes on property, growls and tries to intimidate me. I just tried to scare it away. Regardless, they bought a dog kennel for their already fenced in yard. They realize I am not messing around. A couple of years ago my husband had 150 chickens and another neighbors pitbull attacked and killed all his chickens! The owner to the fence when he was yelling at them. He was going to shoot them. The chickens were all dead. He waited for her husband who she had immediately called. The other day we called that neighbor to tell him his dog was killing his chickens. He said, "He is killing your chickens?" My husband responded, "No, yours!" ... Now he knows what that was like. Consequently when I take my walk I carry my handgun, and my knife. I carry a stick only to help me walk because I am disabled and unsteady. I know if I go down they will also. Let me add, before my disability from a horrific motor vehicle accident I was a Sheriff's Deputy. Now I just patrol my property.

Sorry your story about the dogs reminded me of this moment. Now I think, Maybe I shouldn't have posted this on this. Sorry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom