The Front Porch Swing

Praying for your hard year....here's a set of verses that I have found to be of comfort, to yield exactly what they say will happen if one does what it says to do and I've tested it over and over...it works, God works, and is faithful to His promises.  Such peace that it truly does surpass human understanding and my mother and I will sit around marveling at that feeling and how immense it is, not a bit understanding how anything can feel this good.  These verses are in context to this particular time in the world and on Earth and, when applied(there is action required on our part) will yield amazing results. 

[COLOR=000080]Philippians 4: 4-9[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000080][SUP]4 [/SUP]Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice![/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080][SUP]5 [/SUP]Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080][SUP]6 [/SUP]Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; [SUP]7 [/SUP]and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080][SUP]8 [/SUP]Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. [SUP]9 [/SUP]The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.[/COLOR]

I hope these verses will help you through this stressful and difficult time and it seems like a paradox to give verses that tell you to rejoice when you are at your lowest, but I know the "prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving", will result in the rejoicing part in the end...at least, it has for me and this word is for all. 

Thanks!! I know these verses like the navy of my hand, but sometimes it takes a gentle reminder from a sweet friend. You forgot a very important promise: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
"For everything there is a season, a time to be born and a time to die,
A time to plant and a time to pluck up what has been planted..."
Thank God for His perfect timing. I have to take this time of death to teach my daughter that God is in control of everything and we are here on His timing. All creatures are here on His timing and we can try to prolong someone's or something's life but ultimately we will all go in His time.

Thanks!! I know these verses like the navy of my hand, but sometimes it takes a gentle reminder from a sweet friend. You forgot a very important promise: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
"For everything there is a season, a time to be born and a time to die,
A time to plant and a time to pluck up what has been planted..."

Thank God for His perfect timing. I have to take this time of death to teach my daughter that God is in control of everything and we are here on His timing. All creatures are here on His timing and we can try to prolong someone's or something's life but ultimately we will all go in His time.

Yes, there is that.
hugs.gif
I needed this reminder as well....thank you!

Good for you. I keep a shotgun in my tackroom for personal and animal protection.

There are 3 Great Danes that are huge, they are as tall as I am standing, while they are on all fours. They don't like me to do my morning walk. Several other dogs that run loose in my subdivision. Many squeeze through my gate. They are not happy to see me ... they forget it is my huge yard. They are learning. My neighbor was home when I shot at his dog who was in my yard. Their dog always comes on property, growls and tries to intimidate me. I just tried to scare it away. Regardless, they bought a dog kennel for their already fenced in yard. They realize I am not messing around. A couple of years ago my husband had 150 chickens and another neighbors pitbull attacked and killed all his chickens! The owner to the fence when he was yelling at them. He was going to shoot them. The chickens were all dead. He waited for her husband who she had immediately called. The other day we called that neighbor to tell him his dog was killing his chickens. He said, "He is killing your chickens?" My husband responded, "No, yours!" ... Now he knows what that was like. Consequently when I take my walk I carry my handgun, and my knife. I carry a stick only to help me walk because I am disabled and unsteady. I know if I go down they will also. Let me add, before my disability from a horrific motor vehicle accident I was a Sheriff's Deputy. Now I just patrol my property.

Sorry your story about the dogs reminded me of this moment. Now I think, Maybe I shouldn't have posted this on this. Sorry.
Welcome to the Front Porch Frances! Would you like some Sweet or Unsweetened Tea? Come anytime!

I was just watching "Mr Ed" ...nope nothing on TV. lol This is a little before my time but you "old folks" will like it - and Mr Ed. hahaha

Yep, that is Johnny Crawford! I loved Mr. Ed and Rifleman!!

Well she's gone already. So glad she didn't suffer
I am so sorry you lost Lucy! You are in my prayers!

Lindz, I am praying for you and your daughter! I hope she gets better soon!

Lisa :)

@lovingmyhens... I hope your Lucy recovers. My Ancona wasn't feeling good a few days but she pulled out of it. I know it makes you feel terrible. :(

Thank for your sweet thoughts. She literally passed within 3 hours of my daughter telling me that she was acting weird. After watching my guinea pig suffer for three days, I was glad this one was not a long process.

Now, I need another good egg layer. Gosh I don't really want to wait long before she starts to lay!! AND I can't just get one cause the other three will pick on it and I hate bullying! Hmmm chicken math

Soo do you know how my iPad got "navy of my hand" from " back of my hand?? No clue.

But when life gives you lemonade, go play Skipbo with your daughter!!

I just figured it was a local saying.
big_smile.png
Like "not nary a one" (none), "tearing up jake"(destroying something or making a big mess), "drug through a knot hole"(ragged looking), "sucking hind tit"(left short changed or the loser), "that dog won't hunt" (worthless), etc.

We may have had a revelation here ... we had a jail break out the back side of the run ... so I suggested we open the front gate, too. We now have the happiest flock EVER scratching through all the winter leaves ... Dad is so impressed with their happy sounds he said "This could be a regular thing." Why yes, yes it could. Take down most of the existing fencing so they can always run under the trees for hawk protection, and stop using chemicals in the area, and our chickens could free-range. Imagine that!

Back
Top Bottom