The Front Porch Swing

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Beekissed, Jan 23, 2014.

1. mcrowe315

mcrowe315 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2014
    DE
    Sussex County Delaware checking in

2. Beekissed

Beekissed Flock Master

[​IMG] So glad you came! It's a slow day on the porch so you can find a chair real easy.....pull one up and tell us a story, help yourself to the goodies and drinks. We didn't have anyone from Delaware...don't think I've ever met anyone from there even. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

4. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    Howdy and Welcome to the Front Porch. We have hay bales, rocking chairs, steps, and even the porch railing. Watch out though, some people think you should be smacked for sitting there. The bucket belongs to Blooie. She is our story teller when she isn't building her coop.

Would you like some Iced Tea, sweet or unsweetened? Come sit a spell and tell us all about you.

Lisa :)

1 person likes this.
  5. lindz8504

lindz8504 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Blue Ridge Mtns in NC
    [​IMG]

6. LeslieDJoyce

LeslieDJoyce Overrun With Chickens

Jul 30, 2012
    Sherwood, OR
    My Coop
    Egg of the Day

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Beekissed

Beekissed Flock Master

Ooooooooo, pretty!!! I've had eggs like that before and it always makes me wonder if the shell gland was set on "spatter" instead of "speckle".

8. LeslieDJoyce

Jul 30, 2012
    Sherwood, OR
    My Coop

I think it's a "too much calcium" type mistake. But a very pretty mistake. I used to get a rose colored egg with white spatter pretty often. I got some with red spatters today, but they kinda look like crime scene photos so I'm not posting those. :lol:

9. LeslieDJoyce

Jul 30, 2012
    Sherwood, OR
    My Coop
    Out of curiosity I just visited the tinfoil thread. It's something like 17 pages of people saying "I already knew that!" in various ways. But not in ways that read like they know it's a joke. Hmmmm.

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Maybe i am just in a bad mood today....... but there are so many things in that thread that just make me want to up - chuck. ...........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by