The Front Porch Swing

Hello from Lancaster County Pennsylvania!

:weee

It's about -10 right now with the wind chill.
Cold and snowy... I'm ready for spring!

PA, checked in!!!
woot.gif
Good suggestion, TL!! I'll try to keep up with it but goose me if I miss any!
big_smile.png

Well...it got down to 11 below last night but is a sunny 10 degrees today....love that sun! Making some potato soup to eat with homemade bread, flavoring it with the stock and chicken fat I froze into cubes when I canned up chicken this winter. It ought to be super hearty! Might even put some canned deer meat in it or just bacon pieces....haven't made up my mind yet.

Only got 3 eggs yesterday but that's better than none, I say. I love gathering fresh, brown eggs from a nest...I love the way they feel and smell and I love the act of "finding" them like when I was a little girl on an Easter egg hunt. I've been doing this for most of my life but not once has gathering eggs lost its good feeling.

How's everyone doing on this fine, crisp day?
caf.gif

Good morning Bee and everybody! I agree, gathering eggs is great. All this work just for THAT! lol Speaking of eggs, I come bringing you all a big flower...

TW, checkin' in!!!
woot.gif
Those are beautiful!!!
hugs.gif
Aren't they just the most lovely, soft shade of brown that you would think would look wonderful on your walls but never really does? I love holding them to my cheek and smelling them when they are warm and fresh laid in the hay.

Back
Top Bottom