The Front Porch Swing

Good morning from MA! This morning I'm having Chai tea to warm myself up : ) I finally finished wallpapering our bathroom last week. Snow days do come in handy! I've had this paper since December and now it's done! God's blessings, to all of you.

Good morning to you! Chai tea is my favorite.

@zinia8 We have satellite internet service also. The company is Wild Blue, and the newest (fastest) service is called Excede. It ranges from $50 to $80,depending on what you need.

Good morning from MA!  This morning I'm having Chai tea to warm myself up : )  I finally finished wallpapering our bathroom last week.  Snow days do come in handy!  I've had this paper since December and now it's done!  God's blessings, to all of you.

Good morning and welcome! I bet your bathroom looks great. I need to paper mine and the kitchen and while I'm at it the dining room. I need to do that among a bazillion other things! Spring is out there somewhere, maybe I'll get it in gear then...?

Good morning everyone! It's storming and raining here this morning. No dogs this morning which is great

Good morning Lindz. We had the wind and rain pass through last night. I haven't even looked out yet to see if I still own chickens. I hope so! I dread seeing what more water did. I believe it is time to clean out the coops and harvest some good composted litter.

...I'm glad you have no visiting dogs this morning!

Last edited:
Good morning Lindz. We had the wind and rain pass through last night. I haven't even looked out yet to see if I still own chickens. I hope so! I dread seeing what more water did. I believe it is time to clean out the coops and harvest some good composted litter.

...I'm glad you have no visiting dogs this morning!

I know what you mean about more water. The ground is saturated already and now more water is just going to make a big mess. We have so much mud where we haven't been able to grass sowed yet. Shew starting from scratch is a lot of work but so rewarding too. I just have to remember to have patience and faith. Lots of both!

Youtube is great for DIY instructions. I was able to use less wallpaper because of the instructions there. Otherwise, I would have run out of paper (*_*) Cloudy rainy day here with temps to go up to 50, major snow melting today. We have accumulated about 3 feet of snow that has to melt. I'm sure the wild birds will love the major puddles that form.

Any of ya'll have any clue what the heck would cause this ? It was in the nestbox this afternoon; looks like two eggs attached together, without shells. It's like the membrane under the shell, and the shell forgot to form. Is there anything to be alarmed about when seeing something like this ?

I bet the look on that hen's face was priceless!

Here ya go, folks. Now is the time when people in these "progressive" states will become outlaws in persisting in heating their homes with wood: http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/heat-energy-wood-stoves/2014/02/18/id/553372?promo_code=1030E-1

This will be a long time ever making it to my state but it's still a big deal to the rural poor in the states whose rich, liberal activists are pushing for it. As always, the target are the poor...always the poor.
They are doing this in Canada too - I never understand. Lets make more rules so people have to spend more money whether they can afford it or not. You can't pay the gas/oil/electric bill, so you cut your own wood to heat your house. You get told you must have an uber expensive stove if you want to do that, you have to pay more to heat your house, you can't just have a wood stove. Is there a ban on campfires too? They burn way less efficiently than wood stoves. What happens if it's cold outside and you are camping - will you get fined for preventing frostbite?

They are doing this in Canada too - I never understand. Lets make more rules so people have to spend more money whether they can afford it or not. You can't pay the gas/oil/electric bill, so you cut your own wood to heat your house. You get told you must have an uber expensive stove if you want to do that, you have to pay more to heat your house, you can't just have a wood stove. Is there a ban on campfires too? They burn way less efficiently than wood stoves. What happens if it's cold outside and you are camping - will you get fined for preventing frostbite?

I predict you will get fined. You are not entitled to heat, or camping.

I bet they will never ban those Homecoming Bonfires, though. You are entitled to football.
roll.png

Maybe we have to declare our heating fires as some kind of Pagan Ritual so we can get a religious exemption?

Back
Top Bottom