The Front Porch Swing

Bad day alert, everyone! Here's a rant!

Well, I took the finished chair to its new owner...and she returned it. Apparently, it needs "more". I'm not pleased that I'll have to remove the varnish and repaint. But I just want to get it done ASAP.

I'm going on a trip tonight! Going up to Boerne and then tomorrow, I'll be going to Kenefick, Conroe and Trinity to pick up some pheasants, Muscovy eggs, and Ameraucana roosters. And a window!

Gotta be honest, though, I'm not pleased. I like these trips but I really wish Mom would stop bringing Nathan and Nivia. They are...hmm, how do I describe them?

Annoying. Obnoxious. Unnecessarily contrary. The point is, they get loud. Nathan doesn't show enthusiasm for things and he gets into bad moods. If he and Nivia argue, they give each other the silent treatment. He complains about the music (my motto is that driver and shotgun pick the music, passengers shut their cake holes).

I just get annoyed and irritated. I wish Mom would get that. If I wanted to spend time around them, I'd just stay home. But being around them is like being around my arguing parents for an extended amount of time.

I would stay home if it weren't for the previous arrangements I made. Because I have all these pick-ups to make, I have to go along. I'd rather just stay home and paint, though. :(

@LBejaran Tough day! Have a seat on the swing and swing your troubles away ...

I had an interview today, I can't believe I actually interviewed for an $8 an hour job. 20 years experience as a tech and I am trying to get a job stocking shelves.

@LBejaran
  Tough day!  Have a seat on the swing and swing your troubles away ...

I had an interview today, I can't believe I actually interviewed for an $8 an hour job.  20 years experience as a tech and I am trying to get a job stocking shelves. 

I'll be okay. I just have to remember that I'm not able to control over people, no matter how much I'd like to.

Fun Fact: I was once asked in high school to play a game where I gave five "truths" about myself and the class had to guess which one was a lie. I said several facts, including that I was very controlling. No one believed it. They all guessed that it was a lie. I think my actual lie was that I was afraid of heights or something.

My peers didn't know me very well, though. Despite my pudgy, adorable exterior, I was flight leader of my AFJROTC class and was the section leader of the violins in orchestra. And I love controlling things. :D

I'm sorry that skille people like you are having to settle for minimum wage jobs, but it's so amazing that you're still trying your best to stay in the workplace. I'm trying to get back into it (I'm even thinking of paying an agency to help me find a job). I just don't want to be stuck around a rude, obnoxious bigot again, but I'm sure no one will be as bad as that last guy. Then again, I should never say never!

@LBejaran Tough day! Have a seat on the swing and swing your troubles away ...

I had an interview today, I can't believe I actually interviewed for an $8 an hour job. 20 years experience as a tech and I am trying to get a job stocking shelves.

I have stepped back career wise several times. In order to stay in San Diego... first when Aerospace was shut down here... Then to learn Cad drafting... to gain hours... then to switch industries (epic fail on that one) then to switch back to a sustaining style position.. each time I spent many weeks on Unemplyoment...

My two most favorite jobs were as a cashier.... minimum wage. and part time... the last one was around 2003... I made so little money that the IRS gave me a poverty refund... 2500 dollars.

we do what we have to do... hang in there.

deb

Oh Rats!
The problem with these suckers is that they are smart they remember where trouble is! that is why you will find rat turds every where they explore and test everything. The way you catch them is to spend a couple days sometimes even a week bating an unset trap. Yes Basically it is that you are feeding them. Once they determine itis safe to go there they will return and SNAP! I have also taken them out with a pellet gun. I am told if you use an air gun you can freeze the pellets for a bigger impact.

Do not use poison if the Chickens find a poisoned rat before you do and start to pick at it they can ingest the poison and it will kill them too!

Good luck on your squatters!

[COLOR=FF0000]Oh Rats![/COLOR]
The problem with these suckers is that they are smart they remember where trouble is! that is why you will find rat turds every where they explore and test everything. The way you catch them is to spend a couple days sometimes even a week bating an [COLOR=B22222]unset[/COLOR] trap. Yes Basically it is that you are feeding them. Once they determine itis safe to go there they will return and SNAP! I have also taken them out with a pellet gun. I am told if you use an air gun you can freeze the pellets for a bigger impact.

Do not use poison if the Chickens find a poisoned rat before you do and start to pick at it they can ingest the poison and it will kill them too!

Good luck on your squatters!

Thanks! I caught one the other day but there's another I saw last night :( so it continues!

Back
Top Bottom