The frustrations of selling eggs.

Quote:
I *did*, this past summer. Turns out the package was delivered three times, the recipient kept denying it and then returned it to me (all this I found out as it arrived back to me in awful condition when the person said it'd never arrived to begin with). So technically it was only lost for 3 weeks. Go figure.

I remember you posting about that SA - I haven't sold eggs but did sell a bunch of old homeschool stuff on Ebay over the summer - it really was kinda stressful trying to make sure no one ripped me off.

No one did - and even though I really made a lot of money on some old curriculum I was never gonna use again - it cost a fortune to cover my butt with all the tracking and stuff.

I will probably sell some eggs on Ebay next year to make some quick money - but one bad experience can certianly change that around real fast. Gotta weigh the pros and cons of dealing with complete strangers.

That being said - all my Ebay purchases have turned out awesome in the end.

I did have 5 broken call duck eggs but she replaced ALL of them and I hatched out 3 (out of 8 so not too bad) and those little guys are actually QUITE nice in the conformation department.

I also got some fabu giant cochins.

So - not all bad.
smile.png

Quote:
She has all positive feedback and I hate to think ill of her, but the thought has crossed my mind. I've never had a package just disappear into thin air before.

Unfortunately 100% doesn't always mean that they're honest! I'm not trying to place blame on her...I have just had this happen several times with e-bay and the PO people told me that e-bayers do this all the time if there's no confirmation number. I actually had a girl do this to me...saying she never got the package. She didn't realize there was a confirmation number(it was on the side of the box) on it and she e-mailed me all in a huff saying she never received her package and how disappointed she was...I grabbed my confirmation slip and e-mailed her back...I tracked it and it had been delivered 3 days ago. I e-mailed her back telling her that. She e-mails me back and plays stupid...said she didn't notice it had come! It was a complete crib set for a baby! The box was at least 3 feet tall! C'mon! lol I was SO annoyed! Thank God I had a confirmation number because I would have been out over $100!!! And btw, she had 100% feedback!!! It's unfortunate...we just live in a very dishonest world--not everyone's that way of course...the shady ones just ruin it for the good ones!
roll.png

I don't know how much I'd trust usps tracking and delivery confirmation. I just got a box of eggs and when I entered the tracking number it still said they'd been informed of the package and no confirmation of even picking it up. I thought the person was waiting another week to send them but there they were on my front steps on a saturday. It took until tuesday for usps to update their info and say they had shipped much less been delivered.
roll.png

The more I think about it, the more I think you guys are right. It seemed kind of odd to me that she wanted those eggs badly, then didn't want them replaced when I offered - she wanted her money back instead.

This kind of stuff really bugs me.

For the first time, I'm hoping somebody has a bad hatch. :mad:

Oh, I don't know. I have *terrible* luck with buying stuff and having it delivered via the post office. I get delivery confirmation because when I don't, the packages don't show up. Reliably!

even though it didnt work out right,, it was STILL a GREAT lesson for ya son,, they need to know that sometimes no matter how good you work, or do your work,,, it sometimes just dont work out,,,,, thats life,, and the other lesson of, "even though it didnt work,, this next time we are STILL gonna do it the right way, and hopefully it will end way better" will be just as important as the discouragement of the first
wink.png

Oblio. That stinks. I think it is a learn as you go. I hope the next sales go better for you. Make sure you check for fertility! And delivery conformation is important. Some people say don't insure, but for lost packages, it is worth it.

Good luck. Your son will learn valuable things from you, I am sure....
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom