The games ducks play.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by GrannySue, Nov 13, 2009.

1. GrannySue

GrannySue Chillin' With My Peeps

I know we should be talking about reindeer games with the holidays approaching, but I want to discuss duck games;
    Water games
    See if you can manage to make the first pool completely filthy as soon as she starts filling up the other one.
    Splash around like crazy and remove half the water so that she has to refill immediately.

Ground games
    Where the ground is wet, dig with your bill. Make holes as deep as your bill is long.

Hiding games
    Disappear completely just before she has to leave the property. When she's back inside to change her shoes to look for you, go back to the others and look like you've been there all along.
    Hunker down in dead leaves. (This doesn't work if you're a white duck.)

Please add other games.

2. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    not wanting to go in at night... makeing momma chase you around and round the night pen before going up the ramp!!!!!!

Going up the ramp and then comimg back down again, while mommys back turned...

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Thats so cute! And yes, they sure do all that! [​IMG]

4. GrannySue

GrannySue Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Oh, I'd forgotten about that nightly routine!

5. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:Oh, I'd forgotten about that nightly routine!

... running under the house away from Mommy into the tiny little 18" wide space between the house and the fence and Mommy foolishly "runs" (actually more like jumps, falls and lands on the poopy duck ground swearing like a truck driver - sorry all you truck drivers [​IMG]) after you and then you run back under the house to the other side again while Mommy is still stuck in that little 18" wide space (that she's wondering 'what the he*% was I thinking making this space so darn nabbed SMALL?).

Finally Mommy has to get the teenage daughter out to help her (and you ALL know how helpful teenagers can be right?) to help herd the two tiny ducks into their house for the night! Mommy gets smart and the next day Mommy wires the space under the house closed so those smart little ducks can't get under there and play hide and seek again! The next 3 nights bedtime goes smoothly until TODAY the male ducks just flys right over the top of the duck house and it's back to Mommy clumping around in that tiny little 18" space again trying to get him out without falling onto the poopy ground again!

You mean THAT kinda game?....

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  6. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Take food from her hand, act interested for a minute, and then drop the food to go look for bugs in the grass.
    Stare at something long enough to get her worried about a predator, and then as soon as she comes out to check on it, walk away to stare at something else.

7. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Making mama chase you around the pen at lock up and purposely leading her right into a puddle and soaking her socks. [​IMG]

8. chicktwit

chicktwit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Climb over the temporary fencing (that fell down) while the new fence is being built wait till dark & get quacky & hysterical because you can't see the fence anymore & can't figure out out to get back over the fence & to your friends to go in for the nite. Then make mama chase you to help you find your way & suddenly figure out how to get over the fence while she gets hung up in it in the dark.

[​IMG]

9. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Gaze up at the sun so your person gets worried that you'll blind yourself and tries to cover your eyes.

10. suburbanduckmom

suburbanduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Belmont, CA
    Sneaking into the human house when the backdoor is left open to poo on the floor and then run back outside and pretend like it wasn't you.

Refusing to eat lettuce scraps for months and then when the lettuce in the garden finally gets big enough to pick you eat it all before the people can get any.

Waking everyone in the neighborhood up with your quacks first thing in the morning and then falling asleep in the pen as soon as the door is open.

Running away from me all afternoon only to come and beg to be snuggled when I go back in the house.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by