The geese hate my clothes

Kim65

Songster
10 Years
May 29, 2009
Washington state
My three month old American lavender geese are very aware of my clothing, and get QUITE upset when I put on my colorful work scrubs (I'm an RN).

I go out to say goodbye to them and they stick their necks way out and chatter, and only approach me with great caution, edging closer and closer . . . I can see their eyes move from my clothing to my face, up and down and up and down (all the while sounding like machine guns).

I know they hear my voice coming from this crazy looking kaleidoscope of colors, and see my familiar face above it all, and must wonder WHAT happened to my feathers THIS time.

This morning, I went outside in my leopard skin pajamas to let the chickens out into the yard. The geese lost their minds over my pajama pants. Do they have some deep instinct that tells them I am parading around in PREDATOR prints? Petey got hold of the pant leg and began to yank hard enough to lift my leg off the ground. Lila hung back (of course) doing the machine gun chatter, cheering Petey on while he vanquished my predator pants.

I am NOT going out there in these pants again.

Well clearly they are your "fashion advisors".
gig.gif

Parrots are the same way...I think sometimes...the prints we wear look like 'eyes' looking at them or something. Some of the prints may even look like snakes to them. I had a t-shirt that I finally gave away to Goodwill. Everytime I wore it my Af. Grey would fling herself off of her perch and act like she was being threatened. Geese must be wired the same way.

jojo@rolling acres farm :

Parrots are the same way...I think sometimes...the prints we wear look like 'eyes' looking at them or something. Some of the prints may even look like snakes to them. I had a t-shirt that I finally gave away to Goodwill. Everytime I wore it my Af. Grey would fling herself off of her perch and act like she was being threatened. Geese must be wired the same way.

I don't have geese and had never heard this; how interesting! Maybe they thought the leopard was attacking you or something - lol

I do, however, have a Congo African Grey that is absolutely TERRIFIED of the color red. We have no idea why it sets her off, but she screams like someone's killing her if anything red gets near her (and heaven forbid it's something that makes noise - such as a shampooer)! Sometimes I'd love to know what goes on inside a bird's mind...
hu.gif

I have this hot pink muumuu that I used to wear in hot weather.

The geese raised such a fuss when I went out to put them to bed and would run away so that this pink muumuu was flapping in the breeze as I chased them around trying to herd them. That just got them more agitated and they would run faster.

When I caught my neighbor doubled over laughing at the sight, I quit wearing it.

I have a wrap around sari thing that I wore on really hot days when I lived in Idaho. I wore it outside once! Nobody but the geese noticed it, and it was very hard to keep it on after that. Maybe because geese are most familiar with our legs -- no legs in a muumuu or a long sari -- just this big rippling thing that looks like it has mostly eaten me up already
big_smile.png

Quote:
Mine have always loved to chew on my hair, from when they were hatchlings, they chewed my hair all the way home from Holderreads. I'd hold them on my chest in the evening and watch TV or (try to) read. The little gander could chew my hair for an hour solid, like he was sucking a binkie. He is about full grown now and the moment I sit down, he's at my hair. He is gentle and makes little baby grunting sounds while he chews away. He chews my hair while I milk the goats. Their saliva is like hair gel, and I have a couple of spikes from him chewing right now.

I was lying on the lawn with my six month old grandson, who the geese ignored to get at my hair. Petey stood on my behind and Lila was off to the side. The baby was delighted and got a great close up and a couple of good feels of goose feathers . . . when they are chewing, they don't notice anything else.

Quote:
LOL Speaking from experience perhaps
big_smile.png

They ought to threaten prisoners with being thrown into a flock of geese naked, rather than with solitary confinement. Maybe that would decrease the recidivism factor
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom