The "get to 1,000 pages before 12/31/12" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
O-O Bitten? omg. I would freak!!
Although once my friends woke up on camp to find a huntsman inside their tent
lol.png

th.gif
Aren't those like the biggest spiders based on their leg length?! I. Would. Die.

:th Aren't those like the biggest spiders based on their leg length?! I. Would. Die.

I haven't got a clue. Apparently if you go by leg length Daddy long legs are pretty high on the list :p
I know, I'm SO glad it wasn't me. *mops brow*

The most common spiders 'round here are grass spiders and wolf spiders. Grass spiders are very distantly related to Sydney Funnel Webs which is the one in the vid.

I don't know what either of those are. But redbacks are pretty common all round the country here, we've found a couple on the front door, which we don't use very often. :p (We've always been a back door family, ever since I can remember)

:lau
Sorry, that made me laugh for some weird reason.
I don't like to think much about the nitty gritty of what insects get up to :lol:

I just found out daddy long legs are one of the most poisonest if not the most, but there fangs are to small to punture human skin...

I just found out daddy long legs are one of the most poisonest if not the most, but there fangs are to small to punture human skin...

I looked that up, its not true. Harvestmen (a type of daddy longleg) have no venom glands at all, and are not venomous. Cellar spiders, the other kind, do have venom and short fangs, though they can bite. Its not serious, and it'll only result (in a human) in a mild burning sensation that goes away quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom