The Gimpy Chicken Farm!

Feb 22, 2021
My Coop
My Coop
I've had many many chickens. From white leghorns to silkies theres ALWAYS a gimpy chicken. So I now have a gimpy chicken farm. The first gimpy chicken was a Barred Rock with 1 toe curled back her name was Henny Penny sadly she was killed by a hawk.R.I.P Henny Penny. The second gimpy chicken is Hobble (also a barred rock) she has seen many things. First a dog attacked her second a cow stomped on her. She has escaped many things too a coon, another dog, and a hawk. The third gimpy chicken was a silky chick his name was Bubbles. Sadly he passed away from splayed legs. He was too weak to do anything. I tried to help him but, failed. R.I.P Bubbles. Next is Dove a White Leghorn the flock attacked her on the head so she has been moved to the Barred Rock coop. The last gimpy chicken is Sock the chick. She/he is fighting curled toes and a slipped tendon. She/he is a Blue Copper Maran getting stronger every day.

SOCK
20210323_213005.jpg

And of course I also respect those who died ungimpified Lacey a sweet Golden Laced Wyandotte who died from a wild dog. Also the hen who had no name that died from an unknown cause. She was found flopping around in circles and died shortly after. The best Barred Rock roo I've ever had was also killed by a dog. Another roo named Casper who was a silkie died from an unknown cause. While my barred rocks were young pullets a coon pulled one under the coop and killed it. One barred rock was killed by a hawk and another by a hound. The 4 guineas who were killed in the night of what we think was an owl. Two guineas ran into the forest and never came back. One mystery chick from Murry McMurry who died shortly after we got him. Out of all that I've had one VERY major loss. 21 silkie chicks died from being killed by keets who were the same size of them. The 3 surviors were 1 roo and two hens who still live on. There names are Little Jimmy, Princess Peach, and Mrs. Peeps A Lot. (Bubbles was their brother)

Princess Peach (one of the three survivors of the silkie squishing by the guineas) went broody on April fools day... Is this a trick? She mostly has pure silkie eggs but, there is 1 leghorn egg and 1 silkie rock egg. They should hatch April 21-23. The leghorn egg (if it hatches) will be halve leghorn and halve silkie. The barred rock silkie egg (if it hatches) should be 75 percent silkie and 25 percent barred rock. This will be an interesting hatch full of mutts!

Back
Top Bottom