The girls hated the oatmeal so what other foods for cold days?

My chickens LOVE LOVE LOVE tomatoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But that's weird. My chickens love oatmeal. But chickens are different. Has anybody tried popcorn with their own chickens?
pop.gif

Mine are neutral, we grew a ton this past summer and i'd toss them the cherry/grape sized, now out of season and pricey so since it's not a fave i haven't been offering, i may grab some i have been basically making them a salad, i added a suet cage in their run, they love Broccoli! and i add romaine, they like cucumbers, the odd carrot...

Last edited:
Hello Everyone..

We are new to the chicken world.. Our girls are only 8 weeks old.. We also read that they would love Oatmeal, We tried it and they also gave us
a look of " No Way" we have tried cooked broccoli and Cottage cheese..they eat them up so fast its crazy...actually they are so funny cause they actually stand in the bowl to eat it before anyone else can..
cool.png

However did want to know if it is better to feed the treats at night on the cold nights or do morning...would love to have something to feed them
so that the body temp goes up while they are trying to digest it at night.. Thanks

Mine LOVE yogurt! i just sprinkle it with their crumble.. I suppose i do it only in the morning, i toss BOSS/grains in the run and fill up the suet cage with veggies and so forth, sometimes i toss some cucumber down, the girls are moved into their coop at nearing sunset which has the staple feed and water, so no treats.

I should add the run also has water and their staple diet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom