The girls hated the oatmeal so what other foods for cold days?

Soak some pellets or crumbles in warm water, mix in oatmeal & some scratch or boss or better yet, both. They will learn to eat it eventually & they will expect warm breakfasts on cold mornings! My girls love to get a nice warm breakfast in their bellies on those cold days!

hmm.png

Yes, my girls LOVE mash or feed mixed up with some water. They eat it like it's solid meal worms. I don't get why that is so good to them but they do love it. Great way to use up all that dust you have left in the bag.

My girls were eating oatmeal just fine, and then I also got the idea to add the powdery stuff from their crumbles...well that backfired on me, because now they won't even eat the oatmeal. When I offer it they turn up their beaks and walk away. Of course I had just bought the giant size Quaker Oats and none of my family will touch oatmeal...cookies, anyone?
he.gif

Our 3 week old Norwegian Jaerhons like to eat warm things in the morning now...it does get cold in the house here. One of the following is what I do:

baked pears
baked apples
baked squash
baked peaches

I top with cinnamon and put it in the brooder. Just make sure to remove pits and seeds before serving these fruits to them.

They end up with a messy face but they certainly do enjoy it (and I have some for myself, too).

Soak some pellets or crumbles in warm water, mix in oatmeal & some scratch or boss or better yet, both. They will learn to eat it eventually & they will expect warm breakfasts on cold mornings! My girls love to get a nice warm breakfast in their bellies on those cold days!

Ok, basically make a mash? they are on a crumble.. i'll give that a try. Thanks.

My girls were eating oatmeal just fine, and then I also got the idea to add the powdery stuff from their crumbles...well that backfired on me, because now they won't even eat the oatmeal. When I offer it they turn up their beaks and walk away. Of course I had just bought the giant size Quaker Oats and none of my family will touch oatmeal...cookies, anyone?
he.gif

Maybe they'd prefer cookies lol

Our 3 week old Norwegian Jaerhons like to eat warm things in the morning now...it does get cold in the house here. One of the following is what I do:

baked pears
baked apples
baked squash
baked peaches

I top with cinnamon and put it in the brooder. Just make sure to remove pits and seeds before serving these fruits to them.

They end up with a messy face but they certainly do enjoy it (and I have some for myself, too).

um, i have never baked fruit well, short of a pie how do you do that?

Back
Top Bottom