The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

You read all 2300+ posts?
ep.gif
i am amazed that people start at the begining with my thread and make it to the end

Just kidding oz
The staple gun wasn't empty...

I just sent a dozen eggs to Washington. I bubblewrapped them. Taped them together. And single boxed them. Priority mail flat rate $12.65 box. 2 busted and 1 is "iffy". The double box seems to be important

Just kidding oz
The staple gun wasn't empty...

I just sent a dozen eggs to Washington. I bubblewrapped them. Taped them together. And single boxed them. Priority mail flat rate $12.65 box. 2 busted and 1 is "iffy". The double box seems to be important

Double boxing really helps. I have only received one double box with broken eggs and that was crushed and stinky on arrival

the 400 page threads are short stories

mine is a bit like war and peace lol

Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man
ozexpat posted in this thread in Incubating & Hatching Eggs Yesterday at 11:12 pm | 10847 replies | 366722 views

I have a rather interesting question.

Someone has placed a large egg order, and rather than ship them in two #7 boxes, would USPS permit me to nest the boxes together to make one box, like this:

I would cut the loose flaps from the middle, and tape the boxes together securely. It would save the customer several dollars in postage. (or would it be better to leave the extra flaps and tape them tight against the box?)

Last edited:
I have a rather interesting question.

Someone has placed a large egg order, and rather than ship them in two #7 boxes, would USPS permit me to nest the boxes together to make one box, like this:

I would cut the loose flaps from the middle, and tape the boxes together securely. It would save the customer several dollars in postage. (or would it be better to leave the extra flaps and tape them tight against the box?)

im not really sure....personally I wouldn't risk it. you can always call your local PO and ask them...maybe you could ship in a different sized box?

Back
Top Bottom