The hatchery messed up my cancellation requests and now I have 5 chicks coming...best way to give away???

TXPeepShow

Chirping
Mar 22, 2022
I filled up my coop at a local poultry trade day, and immediately canceled my order with the hatchery. When I didn't hear back, I emailed again...still no response. Today, the hatchery sent me an email saying my chicks are in the mail. I called and they gave me a refund but I still have five chicks on the way... Facebook is difficult because you can't rehome animals and moderators are holding up my attempts to give the chicks away. (I used my best lawyer skills to not use trigger words, but the process is taking more time than I'm comfortable with.)

Thoughts on best way to find these chicks a loving home?

You can
1, Check your local Craigslist and post there.
2. See if your local Facebook has a Sales component and post there
3. Check to see if there are other BYC members near you using the WHERE AM I/WHERE ARE YOU thread, and post in your state/region to see if anybody near you wants the chicks
4. Use the BYC poultry for sale or rehome forum and be sure to post your location. Location matters because YOU don't want to ship them and folks will only drive so far for baby chicks.

You can
1, Check your local Craigslist and post there.
2. See if your local Facebook has a Sales component and post there
3. Check to see if there are other BYC members near you using the WHERE AM I/WHERE ARE YOU thread, and post in your state/region to see if anybody near you wants the chicks
4. Use the BYC poultry for sale or rehome forum and be sure to post your location. Location matters because YOU don't want to ship them and folks will only drive so far for baby chicks.
This is amazing, thank you for the list!

Another idea is to go to a chicken swap at Tractor Supply. As far as Facebook, look for Facebook groups of chickens. I know here in Maine there's several chicken Facebook groups and often there's chicks, announcements of having chicks "available", and so forth. (I'm not on Facebook, but my Mom is, so that's how I know. 13 of my chicks that I own is because of one of those groups. ;) )

Best of luck! I wish I lived closer because I'd love to have them. :love :love

Another idea is to go to a chicken swap at Tractor Supply. As far as Facebook, look for Facebook groups of chickens. I know here in Maine there's several chicken Facebook groups and often there's chicks, announcements of having chicks "available", and so forth. (I'm not on Facebook, but my Mom is, so that's how I know. 13 of my chicks that I own is because of one of those groups. ;) )

Best of luck! I wish I lived closer because I'd love to have them. :love :love
Thank you Lacy! Because of you, I reached out to my local Tractor Supply….worst case scenario, they can take them and sell them? 😬

The Facebook groups are holding up my posts pending moderator approval 😣

Thank you Lacy! Because of you, I reached out to my local Tractor Supply….worst case scenario, they can take them and sell them? 😬

The Facebook groups are holding up my posts pending moderator approval 😣
You're welcome! Ok, if you're ok with them selling them. Are they talking about selling them for you? Or do you know?

Oh, that's too bad. Sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom