The Hatching House?

I ordered chicks from Ultimate Orpingtons, which were bought out by The Hatching House in 2016. She sent us several emails, telling us they were honoring the orders on all purchased chicks. After waiting through fall and into late spring, I started to email them back for updates, which I never received. I finally posted on their facebook page, requesting an update. I received a very nasty email chastising my FB post for an update, which they deleted. Now it is late August, and nothing. Their website is gone. $200 down the drain. No, I would not recommend them
What kind of English Orpington chicks and pm what state. I have some of Greg's like his Blue Buff Columbian English Orpingtons.

Thank you for posting. I had contacted them several times on their website looking for blue Ameraucana hatching eggs, chicks, or preferably a young cockerel after I lost my Roo. The replies were sporadic and nothing ever came of it. I was going to try again. Now I am glad but still looking.
If you contact paypal and tell them you did not get what you ordered they will refund your order.

No problem! If this post and the replies/info on it can help people then I am glad :)

It stinks because the website os so deceiving! It looks pretty nice and like a not so bad hatchery but apparently it is far from it and seems, to me, like a giant scam. :(

I do wonder though if everyone could maybe get together and sue her? Maybe get them shut down? Because that is a scam and probably illegal to not send orders that were paid for

Thank you for posting. I had contacted them several times on their website looking for blue Ameraucana hatching eggs, chicks, or preferably a young cockerel after I lost my Roo. The replies were sporadic and nothing ever came of it. I was going to try again. Now I am glad but still looking.
If you contact paypal and tell them you did not get what you ordered they will refund your order.

check out this small farm instead, its in Salem Ct. I don't know if they ship, but as their neighbors, I find them to be pretty friendly. I plan on supplementing my flock with them next spring.
https://www.symansaysfarms.com/

I went to symansaysfarm when I was looking for some Marans chicks. It is a nice little farm and seems well run but I feel they are on the pricey side selling their chicks for $32 straight run.
That said I try to always give people the benefit of the doubt. Having dealt with people when selling my own hatching eggs, chicks and chickens I know how challenging it can be to meet everyone's expectations. One example was a woman who purchased straight run chicks for $4 each and kept bringing back the roos to exchange for sixteen week old pullets. I did it the first time as a curtesy because she said she couldnt have roos but she kept coming back. I also had a neighbor send over her daughter I had given hatching eggs to for 4H to exchange cockerels for pullets. I now make it clear to people that they should expect half of the chicks to be roos and I have more than enough of my own. LOL
I will still take them back if they cant have them just not in exchange for pullets.

In the case of of the hatching house I checked out their facebook page last night. It said they had had a very difficult year. Their son who was a big part of their operation went away to boot camp and they were trying to adjust. They promised they would do better in the future. They also said to check them out at the poultry congress, a free show at the Big E Jan 13 and 14.
As you said they make themselves sound good. I even found myself tempted to see If I could get a roo from them at the show. But going back to your experience there is no excuse for not make things right for you.

I went to symansaysfarm when I was looking for some Marans chicks. It is a nice little farm and seems well run but I feel they are on the pricey side selling their chicks for $32 straight run.
That said I try to always give people the benefit of the doubt. Having dealt with people when selling my own hatching eggs, chicks and chickens I know how challenging it can be to meet everyone's expectations. One example was a woman who purchased straight run chicks for $4 each and kept bringing back the roos to exchange for sixteen week old pullets. I did it the first time as a curtesy because she said she couldnt have roos but she kept coming back. I also had a neighbor send over her daughter I had given hatching eggs to for 4H to exchange cockerels for pullets. I now make it clear to people that they should expect half of the chicks to be roos and I have more than enough of my own. LOL
I will still take them back if they cant have them just not in exchange for pullets.

Their pricey-ness was one of the things I was considering. Their prices have come down, and for the Ameraucanas, they were comparable to My Pet Chicken, without shipping. My only worry was the straight run part, as I really don't want any roosters.

Their pricey-ness was one of the things I was considering. Their prices have come down, and for the Ameraucanas, they were comparable to My Pet Chicken, without shipping. My only worry was the straight run part, as I really don't want any roosters.

Dont get me started on the prices at MYPETCHICKEN.com lol

Back
Top Bottom