The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Is anyone else here on the RIR club Facebook page? I just joined. My name is Secluded Valley Farm.
There are 2 RIR clubs on FB, and I'm a member of both. The one with the silver logo/emblem is the official RIRCA page. I'm Joey Graham on FB... and in real life.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Hello guys and gals! I am new to this site and have ran across this thread earlier today. I have a poultry farm here in south Louisiana and recently lost a few of my Mohawk line of RIR's in the flooding that we are having in our area. It was very heart breaking because there aren't many of this line left, and if there are they are hard to find. I was curious if any of you guys could point me in the right direction to get a few more to help me out. Thanks in advance for any info.

The site with the silver banner is the members only site.
Good morning, Fred.
frow.gif

Hello guys and gals! I am new to this site and have ran across this thread earlier today. I have a poultry farm here in south Louisiana and recently lost a few of my Mohawk line of RIR's in the flooding that we are having in our area. It was very heart breaking because there aren't many of this line left, and if there are they are hard to find. I was curious if any of you guys could point me in the right direction to get a few more to help me out. Thanks in advance for any info.
Sorry for your losses. Matt1616 is the president of the Rhode Island Red Club of America. He lives in SW Alabama. Might be spring before he has any available, but you could send him a PM and ask. I live in East Central MS. I have 2 families of young ( 4 months old) Reese Mowhawk SC RIR and will start breeding them in the spring as well. It'll be awhile before I have any available, but I'll be happy to help you when I have more birds on the ground. BYC member cmom (Florida) also sells hatching eggs in the spring.

I just got on that page and made a post. Man do they have some beautiful birds in that group!! I actually had some birds that came from Robert B. they where beautiful and I would cull very strictly. This summer I was trying to help a friend out and sold him some of the birds that I was planning on keeping for breeders. This flooding came through and I tried everything to save what I had left, but now I'm down to 2 young pullets. Hopefully with you guys help I can find something soon.

Last edited:
I just got on that page and made a post. Man do they have some beautiful birds in that group!! I actually had some birds that came from Robert B. they where beautiful and I would cull very strictly. This summer I was trying to help a friend out and sold him some of the birds that I was planning on keeping for breeders. This flooding came through and I tried everything to save what I had left, but now I'm down to 2 young pullets. Hopefully with you guys help I can find something soon.

If only you were closer to the Pittsburgh PA area. I know someone getting rid of a ton of reese/mohawk pullets and cockerels in that area. They're nice birds.

I am a part of this one:
I am thinking about joining the real club, only $5 for a junior is definetly worth it.

Seen above is just an unofficial page. The Official page is silver bannered. Yes, joining the club grants you access to the fall membership meeting as well.
The National meet and the meeting will be announced soon. Stay tuned. Technically, discussing other sites is against BYC rules, so it's probably time to get off that subject.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom