The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

I guess I would be that second person. I wanted the "same birds my great great grandma had" but got something I didn't even know existed! And had to research to find out WHAT they were. Just knew they weren't what she had. Now am anxiously waiting to see if Fred gets some for me in June!!!! I am a naturalist anyway and want the real thing. Yes I want eggs but the old breeds aren't already past frying meat at cull time. Heritage hold the meat qualities to the old cooking age standards. Not the already too tough for anything but stew by laying age. I only wanted the real Rhode Islands and nothing else. Dealing with a mixed few until I get my "real chickens". And will breed them for myself to start. Unacceptable to breed will become the laying stock then food.
That is exactly what I was looking for. A memory of My Great Grandmoms RIR's pecking around the house. I learned my lessons lol. And this thread has helped me a lot as well. I had to research and of course it costs a bit more (cough cough) to get the right breed and cover shipping them. But it will be worth it!! Hurry up February!! lol

I rarely post pictures of my birds but I thought some of you may like to see this bird.

Matt

Evidently the show secretary at the BR met has posted the wrong info on the RIR FB page for the wrong birds I shall delete my info till it is posted correctly (not by me I should have quit the other night when I was ahead) LOL thanks for the heads up Kenny

someone that knows like the winners should post up their wins that would clear the air better im not a good secretary.

Last edited:
I posted it on here a couple of days ago sgribble liked it

Jim and Fred got the post all up-side-down for a bit LOL you missed all that ? LOL

that cockerel Matt posted was "the man" along with a plethora of others Matt thrashed the competition with at BR

Jeff

Like that pic Matt and I see why he stole the show (4) big ribbons right?

Here ya go ScottLOL

Matt also at Baton Rouge he had a couple of(4) real good prizes with a RIR cockerel Champ/Amer.blue card, Champ/amer. yellow card, Res.champ LF blue,Champ LF yellow and a basket full of others with his other breeds too. 6 in blue card -5 in the yellow good day for him and his birds.

way to go Mr Fox and Matt good representations for the breed

Hey Jeff, who got what up side down. ha,ha,ha I was just the mediator. lol la, la, la, la, la.

Hey Jeff, who got what up side down. ha,ha,ha I was just the mediator. lol la, la, la, la, la.
yeah I know you had me confused and then you and then Fred, it was a runaway there for a bit
I have decided I'm not posting nothing else on here but except for when I get ready to gripe about something I'll know what I posting then.

I was just copying off other sites, no more of that either LOL

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom