The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Very hard to locate as good breeders of the Heritage type dont sell eggs or chicks. Mr. Bill Bennett has a good set up that might help you and someone might gear you toward him. There is a fellow in Knoxville, Illinois named Greg Chamness he does not come on here but he may have some started chicks of four weeks of age for sale. He told me he was going to try and sell 100 this year. Mr. Urch has some good reds and sells chicks at eight dollors each must order a total of about 25 chicks to get a order going.

Thats about it. I have a friend near me that has my old line of Rhode Island Red Large fowl the Mohawks from Geogia but he only has five females. He may have two males and three pullets forsale this fall to interested breeders who want to help us keep this old line going. I just got a call this afternoon for five birds for this fall so Matt he may pick them up in Oct at the Clanton show. . No eggs or chicks till next year as he is rebuiliding the numbers for the future. There are only two people who have been raiisng my old line for the past 15 years. I hope by next year to have ten people in the old Mohawks. Its taken five years to get these birds down here to start the rebuilding program.

Hope this helps you. Be carefull some say they have Heritage Rhode Island Reds and they are not or they have some that have three different strains in them and they are not good type.

Hope this helps you. There was a fellow in South Carlonia who got some Reds from Mr. Ramey last year. He has a good strain but again many work and do not have the skills to ship eggs or chicks or dont want to fool doing this.

bob

Dick Horstman has and has been selling the SC RIR fertile eggs but it's not on his site. I’ve gotten some eggs from him twice now just recently.... I just wish he did the Pay-Pal thing….I hate snail mail and sending checks. He also told me that he should start having chicks ready to ship out sometime next month.

Chris

A lot of the good breeders do not have web sites. I may be able to find you 20 to 30 started chicks latter this spring. I talked to a person today who has my Mohawk line and he is putting eggs in the incubator and will hatch them. Don't get excited about getting these started chicks to show them. You are lucky to get the blood lines that I once had. If you can get one or two good males and two or three good females from say ten chicks you are in the game to breed. I will help you with breeding color in years to come. It really is not a big deal as the color on my friends birds are excellent and you just need to worry about good breed type. It has taken five years to locate and get our hands on this old blood line so if they are available first come first serve. No eggs cant afford to waist good eggs on the post office. They will be be put in the incubator ever four days so they are fresh and that's about all he can do.

You can send me a personnel message if you want your name on the list. Again its a limited number of birds about 30. Hope that helps some of you who has asked me and I told you not till next year. bob

ya my Show quality Rhode Island red Rose comb bantam hen is laying again!! eggs goin in the bator tomorrow!!

Does anyone know anyone selling eggs from this kind of Show quality RIR bantam? id like to get more as my hen only lays one a day and my roo dnt always do his job lol

Last edited:
I will have pure Ramey started birds available this year. I also will day old ship chicks if I hatch enough at a time to fill a 25 chick box or if you are willing to accept packing peanuts I can ship smaller amounts with other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom