The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

One of the Corim boys below was tending to the larger dragons Kyle’s gaze was drawn to Aella, distaste clear in his eyes. She thought herself more squirrel than woman. “After breakfast...”
“Oh good,” Cam said. The Borealan food was beyond delicious. “I’m starving.”
Kyle continued “...And our personal courtier should come in three... two...”
A door burst open, and a long shadow was cast across the sunbeam crossing the floor.
“Breakfast’s ready!” Korim yelled. “Come in while it’s still hot!”
Kyle smiled. “We’ll be right there.”
Blair frowned, but nodded. "Fine." A rustling higher up drew her gaze back to Aella, who had abandoned whatever she was doing and was making her way back down to the ground. The woman was positively careless in her actions, zigzagging her way through the beams, landing barefoot and balancing precariously on the thin wood before landing on the loft and completely ignoring the ladder as she landed beside Blair, smoothing her dress.
Blair scowled, backing away, earning a sneer from Aella.

~~~~

"Coming!" Aella smiled at Korim when she landed, grabbing her boots from the corner and tugging them on. Her clothes had been cleaned, but she favored the dresses the Borealan people had landed them. By far, they were some of her favorite people, even if she couldn't understand them that well. Mallie had been kind enough to fix her hair several times, and it was healthier then it had been in a very long time.
And for the first time in forever, she fell asleep with a full stomach, no longer starving. She tried not to get used to it, for she knew she would go back to being on the streets when this was done. But she wouldn't mind staying in Borealan forever if she could. She had learned quite a bit of the language already, and did her best to remember it. Its much nicer here then in New York...
"Morming, Korim!" She greeted as she passed him, a small smile on her face. She did not trust people easily, but the people had been nice enough that she had a sort of trust for them.

Kevin was outside, doing pull-ups on one of the large tree branches outside of the barn. His flannel jacket and gun was sitting next to him, but even with the cold breeze he didn’t need it.
He dropped down, using his jacket to wipe the sweat off of his face. He had spent most of his time in the village trying to learn the strange new language, exercising, and practicing his magic, the only ways to keep some of his sanity. As much as he worried about the missing children, he worried about his animals much more. He had been gone for days now, and wasn’t sure if they still had food and water.
He tucked a small strand of hair behind his ear, watching his chickens scratch through the dirt. The people who lived here were kind enough to give him a spare hair tie and an old baby carrier sling for his birds, for the sake of convenience.
Kevin slowly sat down, closing his eyes. If his calculations were correct, they would finally be leaving today. It’ll be too late now. He thought, frowning. If they could find the kids alive and okay, it would be a miracle. He murmured something in Russian, before standing up again and starting on another set of clapping pushups.
Korim came to the tree and saw the fowl scattered around Kevin, scratching and pecking. So grounded an unafraid compared to the flighty Borealan birds. The hens were so strange looking, lumpy with odd pink appendages on their heads. The chicks were fluffy and cute.
“You can leave those chickens here if you want. My sisters adore them, and I’m sure if you want them to take care of them, they’ll keep the dragons from eating them. Plus, they might lay some of those eggs you speak of. Then we could fry the eggs.” Korim said. He had been both disgusted and fascinated when Kevin described Earth’s habit of eating birds’ eggs.
~
Cam climbed down the ladder with ease, at that point deft and climbing to-and-from the loft. Rylie did The Amazing Rylie Leap and both Rylie and Kyle were making their way to the quaint yellow house.
The grass waved around Cam’s booted ankles as she made her way toward the sprawling building. She had occupied herself learning about Borealan plants and their properties. Her dress floated around her with the sway of the grass. Everything here was surreal, like a movie. Maybe it was because of the boost she felt in her abilities.

Hana spent most of her time outside of the barn, mostly because of the dragon manure and it felt encapsulating. Outside is where she belonged, practicing her swordsmanship and meditating in the grass near the forest where they emerged from a few days ago. Though she never ventured into it after hearing about the three-eyed guy disappearing, leaving his girlfriend and her dog behind. She felt indifferent about everything that was going on, but considered that they indeed needed days of rest before embarking on their supposed quest to where the kids were. Hana never changed into a dress, only favoring her original attire. Dresses were not her thing. She had sowed up the rips and tears in her floral jacket from the needle and threading that she requested the day before, returning it to a decent condition. Hearing the shout that breakfast was ready from afar, she started to head over to Korim’s home as she sheathed her katana and wiped a dribble of sweat that came down the side of her cheek.

Korim came to the tree and saw the fowl scattered around Kevin, scratching and pecking. So grounded an unafraid compared to the flighty Borealan birds. The hens were so strange looking, lumpy with odd pink appendages on their heads. The chicks were fluffy and cute.
“You can leave those chickens here if you want. My sisters adore them, and I’m sure if you want them to take care of them, they’ll keep the dragons from eating them. Plus, they might lay some of those eggs you speak of. Then we could fry the eggs.” Korim said. He had been both disgusted and fascinated when Kevin described Earth’s habit of eating birds’ eggs.
~
Cam climbed down the ladder with ease, at that point deft and climbing to-and-from the loft. Rylie did The Amazing Rylie Leap and both Rylie and Kyle were making their way to the quaint yellow house.
The grass waved around Cam’s booted ankles as she made her way toward the sprawling building. She had occupied herself learning about Borealan plants and their properties. Her dress floated around her with the sway of the grass. Everything here was surreal, like a movie. Maybe it was because of the boost she felt in her abilities.

Kevin stopped what he was doing, looking at Korim. “That’s really kind of you, but I should take them with me. You and your family have already helped out so much, I don’t want to burden you with my animals,” Kevin said. “And unfortunately she won’t be laying until spring.” Kevin was seemingly oblivious to the fact that Korim meant his family could keep the birds, instead thinking they would just take care of them for a few days.

Take’s eyes fluttered open slowly, finding himself staring up at the barn rafters. His fingers dug into the moist grass underneath him, puzzled with why he was here. Why am I here..? I’m supposed to be in the labor place.. He turned his head to the side, to find who was laying next to him in the loft. Who could it be other than Blair? “Blair?” He croaked, shifting himself so that he was leaning over her, gazing down on her peaceful, sleeping face. That’s when she turned on her back, giving a hum to him speaking her name. Her own eyes fluttering open to look up at his face. Take’s eyes started to sting, becoming overwhelmed with emotions as he marveled at her face, her yellow eyes twinkling.
“What happened to your hair?” she asked softly, reaching up to run her fingers through his messily cut short hair, his pointy ears fully exposed to their true size.
Her touch felt real. Incredibly real. It was comforting and gentle, like it always.
Take gritted his teeth, squeezing his eyes shut as tears rolled down his face. “They..they cut it off.. but I don’t care about it..I-I” his eyes opened, seeing how calm her expression was as she listened to him, not questioning who did it. Which was out of character. “I’m not supposed to be here..” he whispered, “Even though I really wish I was, because I miss you.” His hand rested on her cheek, more tears welling up.
Blair held a confused look, not understanding why he wouldn’t be there, but it disappeared, giving him an endearing smile. Her hand fell down to his face, wiping his stained tears.
“Maybe you should wake up.” she advised firmly.

Take leaned into her hand, closing his eyes and nodding weakly.

His eyes snapped open for real this time, staring up at the low rock ceiling of his sleeping hole. He cursed to himself when he felt a wetness around his eyes, touching them lightly. Tears. He wiped them away and felt the short stubble on his face, the little hairs excited that they were being allowed to grow out for once. Take let out a yawn and crept out of his hole, hearing a commotion of people doing the same around him.

Kevin stopped what he was doing, looking at Korim. “That’s really kind of you, but I should take them with me. You and your family have already helped out so much, I don’t want to burden you with my animals,” Kevin said. “And unfortunately she won’t be laying until spring.” Kevin was seemingly oblivious to the fact that Korim meant his family could keep the birds, instead thinking they would just take care of them for a few days.
Korim shrugged. "Sure thing," he said, ambling towards the house and whistling, flanked by two feathery dragons. He shooed them away before entering the hot smelliness of his kitchen. He grabbed a plate and piled food on it, knowing that there was a long journey ahead of him. Mallie, being her usual helpful self, was packing a bag full of sandwiches, fruit, and something similar to jicama sticks for what would be their first meal on the road.
She knew they would get sick of dried meat very quickly, so they might as well have something fresh at first.

Aella entered the yellow house, the sweet smell of pancakes hitting her, the savory scent of bacon following not far behind. "Good morning, everyone," she greeted when she came inside the house, pleased with herself for remembering how to correctly say it in their language. She sat down at the table, piling food on her plate similar to Korim. She pushed hair put of her face, as it was falling free of the braided bun Mallie had put it in, before digging into her food, trying to keep her habit of eating very quickly under control.
She watched Blair come through the door and sit down, keeping to herself entirely. Aella huffed, rolling her eyes. All the girl did was sulk, sleep, pace and walk around the farm like she was searching for something. Quickly, she had figured out that the yellow eyed girl was a werewolf, just like the stupid, filthy mutts that ravaged New York daily, which made Aella dislike her further, even though she landed her clothing.
There was nothing good about werewolves in her mind, and Aella wasn't one to judge too quickly. They constantly wrecked havoc upon New York, banding together in large packs. People were smart enough to know not to go out in the streets on full moon nights without silver, and Aella had been lucky to not run into them.

Aella entered the yellow house, the sweet smell of pancakes hitting her, the savory scent of bacon following not far behind. "Good morning, everyone," she greeted when she came inside the house, pleased with herself for remembering how to correctly say it in their language. She sat down at the table, piling food on her plate similar to Korim. She pushed hair put of her face, as it was falling free of the braided bun Mallie had put it in, before digging into her food, trying to keep her habit of eating very quickly under control.
She watched Blair come through the door and sit down, keeping to herself entirely. Aella huffed, rolling her eyes. All the girl did was sulk, sleep, pace and walk around the farm like she was searching for something. Quickly, she had figured out that the yellow eyed girl was a werewolf, just like the stupid, filthy mutts that ravaged New York daily, which made Aella dislike her further, even though she landed her clothing.
There was nothing good about werewolves in her mind, and Aella wasn't one to judge too quickly. They constantly wrecked havoc upon New York, banding together in large packs. People were smart enough to know not to go out in the streets on full moon nights without silver, and Aella had been lucky to not run into them.
Mallie smiled. "Good morning to you, too," she replied. She spotted Eve trying to finger comb her hair and immediately pressed a comb into her hand.

Back
Top Bottom