the holday thread(halloween) need people click here for more info

...Where did you hear that?

Also, Evening of the 17th. 14 Days Remain.

Bong... Bong...

21169_e3bc5b318c23f45a72acf48cccf85851cd218b4d.jpg

Quote:
Sounds fun!
big_smile.png
Except, the devil part.
tongue.png

I'm going to be something simple this year, since my family and I aren't going to buy supplies for our costumes, so I'm going to be a cat. I've had to buy the cat ears and eye make-up myself, and I plan on buying a feather boa for my tail, but everything else I've used is what I have at home. Such as black leggings, a knee lenth modest black skirt, and a long sleeve black shirt.
big_smile.png
I'm really excited to do my eye make-up though, its very interesting.
tongue.png

Quote:
Sounds fun!
big_smile.png
Except, the devil part.
tongue.png

I'm going to be something simple this year, since my family and I aren't going to buy supplies for our costumes, so I'm going to be a cat. I've had to buy the cat ears and eye make-up myself, and I plan on buying a feather boa for my tail, but everything else I've used is what I have at home. Such as black leggings, a knee lenth modest black skirt, and a long sleeve black shirt.
big_smile.png
tongue.png

I don't want to have to waste money on costumes this year, so I'm just reusing my gypsy costume from last year, but as a pirate!!
lol.png

Thanks, Diva! I really like your costume idea, too. Please post pictures if you can!

History.com :

It is thought to have originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts. In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints and martyrs; the holiday, All Saints’ Day, incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before was known as All Hallows’ Eve and later Halloween. Over time, Halloween evolved into a secular, community-based event characterized by child-friendly activities such as trick-or-treating.

Of course, it could be wrong, but I think it's decently reliable. Nowhere in the article does it say anything about devil worship or celebration. But hey, we're not here to argue! We're here to talk about costumes and traditions, as well as candy!
wee.gif

I'm just going to wear this.

Quote:
Sounds fun!
big_smile.png
Except, the devil part.
tongue.png

big_smile.png
tongue.png

I don't want to have to waste money on costumes this year, so I'm just reusing my gypsy costume from last year, but as a pirate!!
lol.png

lol.png
Nice.

Quote:
Sounds fun!
big_smile.png
Except, the devil part.
tongue.png

big_smile.png
tongue.png

lol.png

Awesome!
clap.gif

Quote:
Of course, it could be wrong, but I think it's decently reliable. Nowhere in the article does it say anything about devil worship or celebration. But hey, we're not here to argue! We're here to talk about costumes and traditions, as well as candy!
wee.gif

Thanks.
big_smile.png
I wanted to be Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games series, but I decided to wait until I'm older.

And of course I'll post pictures!

Also, your little paragraph of where Halloween came from is true. It started out as a way to get rid of Ghosts, but Catholics adapted it to dress up as Saints. Which is what alot of my friends do for All Hallows Eve.
smile.png

Quote:
wee.gif

Thanks.
big_smile.png
I wanted to be Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games series, but I decided to wait until I'm older.

And of course I'll post pictures!

Also, your little paragraph of where Halloween came from is true. It started out as a way to get rid of Ghosts, but Catholics adapted it to dress up as Saints. Which is what alot of my friends do for All Hallows Eve.
smile.png

Cool name!
lol.png

I'll post pictures of mine as well, but I'm definitely not wearing the wig. XD

Oh cool! You learn something new every day.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom