The home i am copying for my birds has a window in the coop ?

I will have windows that open out (louvered) with hardcloth mesh on the inside. THat allows for light, ventilation AND safety. I hope to find something on freecycle or the free section on craigslist.

Quote:
I have managed to find some 1/8 perspex.

I will mess the window so in the summer they are safe in the summer with good venterlation.

I am adding runners so i can slide the perspex over the windows in the winter.

If i made the windows opening there is bound to be a fight in the coop over who wants it open & who does not.

You know what girls are like !!!
lol.png

Good luck with your design

How far off are you from finishing & getting birds ?

Reg

we have 1 large window for our coop and it was simply a window that was left over when we got them replaced, we asked the window guys to leave it.
its a proper opening window off the house and large and perfect, we used 1/2 inch hardware cloth over the entire outside folded under the freame of the window before it got screded into place, that way in the summer we can leave the window open but not worry about fox or racoon.

I have 5 windows. Plenty of ventilation in the summer and light in the winter.
0327001019.jpg

Made them myself using cedar and LEXAN. (Similar to plexiglass).
0326002023.jpg

0326002106.jpg

Just cut a relief channel in the frame for your glass/plastic.

Mine tilt out to provide ventilation,
0512001854.jpg

but I also have hardware cloth covering the window so no uninvited guests get in.
0512001853c.jpg

We used storm windows from Lowes. Cut out the holes, covered in wire, attached windows from the outside. I put the glass in upside down in winter so that I can control ventilation. In Summer I simply take out the glass and store. Works great for us.

Back
Top Bottom