The Honey Factory

Pics
Squashed wasps do not become zombies. You need to learn to hit harder. The love pats that you give Ralphie will not kill a wasp.
I catch them and squush them with a paper towel when they get inside the house. Mostly they're slow then. Don't know why. My zapper doesn't work on them. They're too big to get into the hot wires tightly enough.

I was trying to paint the overhang last summer and the wasps wouldn't leave me alone. I was so angry! They want to sting right by your eyes, and it's hard to catch them when you're on a ladder with a roller and pan. :mad::mad::mad: I came back in the twilight and knocked down their nasty little nest, encased it in a plastic bag and stomped it, then left them there to freeze. I h-a-t-e wasps.

I catch them and squush them with a paper towel when they get inside the house. Mostly they're slow then. Don't know why. My zapper doesn't work on them. They're too big to get into the hot wires tightly enough.

I was trying to paint the overhang last summer and the wasps wouldn't leave me alone. I was so angry! They want to sting right by your eyes, and it's hard to catch them when you're on a ladder with a roller and pan. :mad::mad::mad: I came back in the twilight and knocked down their nasty little nest, encased it in a plastic bag and stomped it, then left them there to freeze. I h-a-t-e wasps.
Raid makes quick work of wasps and their brood in their nests.

Raid makes quick work of wasps and their brood in their nests.
I tried some... it didn't work. Maybe the cold denatured it? It had been sitting in the unheated entryway a long time--or maybe it just gets old and tired after a while. I will seek out a new supply and try again... (if it ever gets warm enough for wasps to fly again. One advantage to global cooling, I suppose.)

Screenshot_20200514-143559.png

I tried some... it didn't work. Maybe the cold denatured it? It had been sitting in the unheated entryway a long time--or maybe it just gets old and tired after a while. I will seek out a new supply and try again... (if it ever gets warm enough for wasps to fly again. One advantage to global cooling, I suppose.)
They are flying here. I had one that kept trying to get past me and the camera and into the house the other day while I was taking the oriole pics.

In all fairness, I drench the whole nest with Raid. It is just about as bad as being around stinkum.

Back
Top Bottom